System Administrator, Team Lead
The System Administrator, Team Lead designs, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks, servers, storage, and phone systems at Accruent. The candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting server issues, and network performance. The candidate will maintain all systems, applications, security, network configurations and the company's disaster recovery plan. In addition, the candidate will recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment and provides technical support and guidance to users.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop LAN and WAN system plans to ensure that the network configuration corresponds to the company's plans for the future expansion and has the highest degree of performance at all times.
- Ensures the efficient operation of file servers, communication workstations and backup systems as well as communication switches and equipment.
- Plans and manages network diagnostics, including problem isolation, collection of traffic pattern statistics and traffic load levels.
- Ensure ongoing network monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Performs day-to-day network maintenance such as ensuring adequate file server space, virus detection and performing network backups.
- Manages Sharepoint server and user provisioning and permissions
- Manages Exchange Server and backups
- Maintains and supports IP phone systems across all company locations
- Troubleshoots network performance issues and maintains a disaster recovery plan.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Administers user additions, deletions and changes.
- Installs, maintains and troubleshoots users' hardware and software.
- Evaluates software for network use and upgrades.
- Implements improvements to the network on an ongoing basis.
- Installs and removes computer equipment.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, related software and manuals.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large
- Provide 24x7 support for all network and server systems that are pivotal to operations.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: respect, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3-5 years hands on experience administrating and maintaining a corporate IT environment, including some technical leadership.
- 2+ years help desk or technical support experience
- Working knowledge of SQL, Office 365, VoIP phone systems, SharePoint, Windows Server, OneDrive
- Strong knowledge of MS and Mac OS, networking protocols and application servers
- Ability to understand and present complex data models for application integration
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Outstanding customer service experience and resourcefulness
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects
- Microsoft, VMware, and Cisco certifications desired
- PMP certification preferred, but not required
- Travel as required (<25%)
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Meet Some of Accruent's Employees
Abbey helps people learn about what Accruent has to offer as a company. She also provides trainings for employees, is involved with planning networking events, and builds employer branding.
Back to top