Software Engineer II
The Software Engineer II is responsible for coding, testing, and implementing products for Accruent’s real estate performance management software suite. Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Software Associates, creating and reviewing technical requirements, and developing code in a variety of programming languages for a web based enterprise application. Proven technical leadership and project ownership is required to be considered for this position.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain. When required, makes suggestions for new designs.
- Perform and design testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
- Ensure that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented.
- Work with various teams in the organization to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- Be an expert in at least one of the key technical and functional areas of a product.
- Mentor entry level Software Associates on engineering and company best practices.
- Mentor entry level Software Associates on technology and product practices.
- Ability to teach other non-technical customers/other team members information about the code.
- Participate in a Development team that is responsible for developing quality software.
- Create product using a “test-driven design” approach.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: grit, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, humility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with Java, J2EE, Oracle SQL.
- Clear understanding of software development practices and lifecycles.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented concepts.
- Knowledge of database management systems such as Oracle
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter.
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details.
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects.
- Experience with industry best practices
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience in building scalable enterprise web based applications
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Meet Some of Accruent's Employees
Abbey helps people learn about what Accruent has to offer as a company. She also provides trainings for employees, is involved with planning networking events, and builds employer branding.
Back to top