Senior Systems Engineer
- Minneapolis, MN
The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of the Cloud Operations team who is responsible for the availability, performance, and scalability of infrastructure. This involves designing, building, automating, securing, monitoring and troubleshooting services, servers, storage and underlying infrastructure. The Senior Systems Engineer will play a key role in building a system infrastructure that is automated, reliable, and secure. The candidate will also be part of a periodic 24X7 on-call rotation.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the infrastructure Director of Cloud Operations and will be located in Accruent's office in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
How you'll make a difference:
- Build, validate, and support the Accruent infrastructure in both public and private cloud environments.
- Utilize configuration management technologies to build, validate, and iterate deployment automation.
- Drive active reviews of technology solutions in a collaborative fashion amongst peer groups to gain alignment
- Ensure production level systems are running at all times and have multiple levels of redundancy to meet committed SLAs.
- Design highly available data center infrastructure according to best practice.
- Assist with the tactical implementation of any technology project and provide on-going technology support.
- Document environment topology and installation details.
- Develop scripts for automating repetitive tasks and making configuration changes.
- Engage with system engineers, support teams, and customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain a disaster recovery plan and perform regular tests.
- Plan for expansion of capacity and recommend upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment when necessary.
- Mentor and share best practices with other team members.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values.
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline or equivalent experience (IS/CS degree preferred)
- 5 years of professional hands-on experience in a web based(SaaS) software environment
- Expertise with troubleshooting issues in Linux, Windows, and networking
- Proficiency with log aggregation and monitoring tools (Splunk / LogicMonitor preferred)
- Proficiency with multiple scripting languages (PowerShell, BASH, Python, etc.)
- Proficiency with infrastructure automation tools (Terraform, Chef, Ansible, SALT, etc.)
- Proficiency with VMware virtualization technology
- Experience with Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with building and managing public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud)
- Experience with networking and storage technologies (Cisco, NetApp, Nimble, F5)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively communicate detailed status to customer and project team
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and technical knowledge
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
Back to top