Senior Systems Engineer
- Austin, TX
The Senior Systems Engineer will be part of the Cloud Operations team who is responsible for the availability, performance, and scalability of infrastructure. This involves designing, building, automating, securing, monitoring and troubleshooting services, servers, storage and underlying infrastructure. The Senior Systems Engineer will play a key role in building a system infrastructure that is automated, reliable, and secure. The candidate will also be part of a periodic 24X7 on-call rotation.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the infrastructure Director of Cloud Operations and will be located in Accruent's headquarters in Austin, Texas.
How you'll make a difference:
- Build, validate, and support the Accruent infrastructure in both public and private cloud environments.
- Utilize configuration management technologies to build, validate, and iterate deployment automation.
- Drive active reviews of technology solutions in a collaborative fashion amongst peer groups to gain alignment
- Ensure production level systems are running at all times and have multiple levels of redundancy to meet committed SLAs.
- Design highly available data center infrastructure according to best practice.
- Assist with the tactical implementation of any technology project and provide on-going technology support.
- Document environment topology and installation details.
- Develop scripts for automating repetitive tasks and making configuration changes.
- Engage with system engineers, support teams, and customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Maintain a disaster recovery plan and perform regular tests.
- Plan for expansion of capacity and recommend upgrades, patches, new applications and equipment when necessary.
- Mentor and share best practices with other team members.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values.
What you bring to the table:
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline or equivalent experience (IS/CS degree preferred)
- 5 years of professional hands-on experience in a web based(SaaS) software environment
- Expertise with troubleshooting issues in Linux, Windows, and networking
- Proficiency with log aggregation and monitoring tools (Splunk / LogicMonitor preferred)
- Proficiency with multiple scripting languages (PowerShell, BASH, Python, etc.)
- Proficiency with infrastructure automation tools (Terraform, Chef, Ansible, SALT, etc.)
- Proficiency with VMware virtualization technology
- Experience with Container Technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with building and managing public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Oracle Cloud)
- Experience with networking and storage technologies (Cisco, NetApp, Nimble, F5)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to proactively communicate detailed status to customer and project team
- Ability to work both within a team and independently
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and technical knowledge
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top