Senior Software Engineer
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for coding, testing, and implementing products for Accruent’s real estate performance management software suite. Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Software Associates, creating and reviewing technical requirements, and developing code in a variety of programming languages for a web based enterprise application. Proven technical leadership and project ownership is required to be considered for this position.
This role will be working on/with our Siterra product. For enterprise companies with a large portfolio of locations and assets, Siterra is SaaS offering that allows tracking and management of projects and leases. Unlike other project management and lease management solutions, Siterra is one offering that allows customers to manage a large amount of projects (100K+) and leases (80k+) in a site-centric model that allows for dynamic templatization, bulk changes, and strong access control configuration.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager and will be located in Accruent’s New Orleans office.
How you'll make a difference:
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain. When required, makes suggestions for new designs.
- Mentor junior developers on the team on engineering and company best practices.
- Act as an active member of the development team to work on incoming tickets/issues, performing analysis, solving each issue.
- Troubleshoot any system failures and discrepancies. Evaluates, selects, and implements recovery solutions.
- Perform and design testing protocols to ensure that the product is fully tested.
- Ensure that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented.
- Work with various teams in the organization to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- Be an expert in at least one of the key technical and functional areas of a product.
- Ability to teach other non-technical customers/other team members information about the code.
- Participate in a Development team that is responsible for developing quality software.
- Create product using a “test-driven design” approach.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large.
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: grit, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, humility.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Clear understanding of software development practices and lifecycles.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented concepts and design patterns.
- Knowledge of database management systems.
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter.
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details.
- Preferred skills/experience:
- Experience with industry best practices
- Agile development methodologies
- Experience in building scalable enterprise web based applications
- Classic ASP, ASP.NET, MVC.NET
- Knowledge on current web technologies and REST
- Entity Framework, Odata
- Web standards (JSON, XML, SAML)
At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top