Principal Software Engineer
We are looking for a strong Principal Software Engineer who can help us take Accruent’s products from the current level to the next generation. The person will also work on new initiatives and partner with architects to help us select the right architectural and technological direction. This person will be an individual contributor who will be reporting to the Engineering Manager.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The principal software engineer has the primary responsibility of leading a team of software engineers in creating high quality software and is accountable to ensure releases are delivered on time and in line with the defined quality metrics for each milestone of the SDLC.
- Own the full software development lifecycle for the team they lead to implement highly scalable web-based, data driven software products.
- Plan and track the work of their team and partner with engineering manager, product managers and architects to manage changes in scope of work and requirements.
- Working closely with engineering managers, senior engineers, architects and product managers, come up with the right architecture and design specifications for new products and initiatives.
- Deep dive into the current platform, and recommend potential improvement areas and design technical solutions to make those improvements.
- Actively participate in release planning, design reviews, code reviews and follow the development process.
- Test software during and after creation and correcting any issue identified.
- Keep up to date on the latest technology and product developments in the software field.
- Develop coding practices and standards.
- Be an advocate & driver for the Accruent Agile Scrum software development process
- Provide training to the junior software engineers whenever required and mentor the team to mature their execution of the software development process.
- Use existing experience with the implementation of operational systems to optimize the build, deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting of iterative product development and delivery.
- Bring an understanding of data mining techniques that drives the collection of quality data insights at every user touch point in the system. Know how to build measurable systems and processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Application experience with multi-tenant SaaS web product development
- At least 7 years’ experience in software development of scalable web based and data driven software products.
- 5+ years of experience interacting directly with tech leadership and product management to define, deliver, and execute on multiple projects.
- Experience developing technical / architectural roadmaps merged with product vision to create a unified roadmap that inspires the teams and delivers a leading-edge platform.
- Ability to work under pressure and within deadlines.
- Ability to manage the subordinates to finish work within deadlines with quality to deliver the updated capabilities as per the goals for the release.
- Able to teach and train junior software professionals.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter.
- Ability to reason logically and provide innovative solutions.
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details.
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects.
- SaaS product software development and delivery.
- Agile development methodologies.
- Software development with continuous build and integration.
- Automated testing (both unit and functional testing).
- Performance testing.
- Facility Management domain experience.
At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top