Oracle Database Administrator
The Database Administrator (DBA) will become part of a team responsible for the complete life cycle of Oracle database administration and maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: database and storage planning, database installation and implementation, maintenance coordination, configuration management and general day-to-day database administration.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the Database Administration team supporting the Production environment as well as the Development Team.
- Providing on-call support for any database operations/activity 24x7x365 as needed.
- Identification and resolution of software or database problems.
- Analyzing system errors or anomalies as well as specific database performance bottlenecks, recommend suitable fixes in order to ensure maximum uptime and service quality; identify trends that may eventually result in degradation of service quality.
- Creating and maintaining automation scripts to capture database security threats, unauthorized access, DDL and DML activity in production databases
- Coordinating with engineering and database architects in analyzing automated workload reports (AWR) from Enterprise Manager (Grid Control), tuning bad SQL to improve database response times.
- Working with other members in Tech-Ops, Release management and IT teams to push patches, new releases and database features through SDLC.
- Understanding business drivers and strategy, recognizing opportunities for technology innovation to support strategic initiatives.
- Routine database maintenance
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: respect, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, hard work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5- 7 years of working experience in an environment supporting production Oracle databases on Windows and Linux operating systems (24x7x365)
- Experience with Golden Gate a Must
- Working experience with Oracle Streams, Change Data Capture and advanced replication technologies.
- Prior experience in managing remote stand by databases; database backup and recovery using RMAN.
- Experience in deploying custom configured applications into production including application server deployments and configurations (EAR, WAR, JAR) along with database schema updates/changes relative to version release.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to work well within group or individually on project
- Experience with SaaS and Cloud Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Oracle SOA Suite 12x (including installation and configuration of Weblogic, repository creation, SOA, and JDeveloper)
- Experience supporting and managing Golden Gate
- Experience supporting and managing Business Intelligence systems (metadata, data warehouse, ETL, etc.)
- Experience working with Linux
- Exposure to building scalable enterprise web based applications
- Agile development methodologies
- ITIL methodologies and certifications (preferred but not required)
- Experience with Salesforce and JIRA (preferred but not required)
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top