The IT Intern designs, configures, and supports internal and/or external desktops, laptops, printers, and phone systems at Accruent. The candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting server issues, and network performance. The candidate will maintain all systems, applications, security, and network configurations and the company's disaster recovery plan. In addition, the candidate will recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment and provides technical support and guidance to users.
This will be a 6 month long internship with the possibility of going full time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide quality workstation and phone support to end users in a timely manner.
- Manage Helpdesk requests from internal users which include troubleshooting hardware, software, operating systems and network connectivity issues.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot workstation and laptop hardware, peripherals, operating systems, business software and third-party applications.
- Configure and troubleshoot of network printers, network scanners and local printers.
- Perform interoffice computer equipment moves.
- Troubleshoot remote access issues both software and hardware.
- Provide support of VMware virtualization, Windows server, and server applications such as Exchange, SQL, and SharePoint.
- Test and deploy new client/server applications and hardware in an enterprise environment
- Assist in the maintenance and development of support practices and IT documentation as needed.
- Image and deploy workstations for new hires and system upgrades.
- Participate in projects and initiatives as they relate to the end-user support function
- Maintains inventory of equipment, related software and manuals.
- Administers user additions, deletions and changes.
- Performs day-to-day network maintenance such as ensuring adequate file server space, virus detection and performing network backups.
- Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Ability to carry out all policies and procedures as established by the team, department or company at large
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: respect, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, hard work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 1-2 years hands on experience supporting and maintaining a corporate IT environment.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects
- MCP, A+, or Network+ Certification desired
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Meet Some of Accruent's Employees
Abbey helps people learn about what Accruent has to offer as a company. She also provides trainings for employees, is involved with planning networking events, and builds employer branding.
Back to top