Incident Management Specialist
The Incident Management Specialist will resolve crisis scenarios across the Hosting department and Accruent. This is a position that requires frequent cross departmental communication and the ability to operate and communicate in a fast paced environment. The individual would benefit from previous experience delivering support to a global customer base during major outages and crisis events. It is important for this individual to be able to build relationships quickly and drive escalations during high pressure scenarios. Post-Incident, the Incident Management Specialist will provide input into processes and planning to help drive internal improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiate and lead Business Critical Incident Management calls, gathering required resources to remediate the issue as quickly as possible.
- Provide business impact updates to stakeholders and leadership as required (in verbal and written form).
- Prepare customer facing communications for status updates and incident reports.
- Capture Incident details and update all necessary tools and documents.
- Provide required notifications and updates on all Business Critical Incidents within established service levels.
- Participate in Post Mortem meetings and work with Problem and Change Managers to drive technical teams to define root cause.
- Coordinate with support leaders and technical experts to ensure swift resolution of Business Critical Incidents.
- Ensure that Incident Management KPIs are recorded and their targets met
- Ensure that the detection, initial diagnosis and prioritization of all incidents is effectively and consistently applied.
- In cooperation with Problem and or Change Managers, conduct post incident analysis and ensure accurate root cause of incidents is captured and appropriate preventive actions are identified and tracked.
- Make recommendations for service process improvement plan
- Design and continually improve processes and metrics.
- Work closely with Change Management leaders on major incidents to correlate them to requested changes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree
- Operational experience within a mission critical environment
- Understanding of Service Level Agreements and their application
- Good analytical skills, structured and methodical approach
- Ability to work independently and make decisions where necessary
- Excellent English communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience interacting with all levels of management
- Experience participating in Incident Post Mortems and/or Root Case Analysis investigations
- Ability to meet challenging targets within tight deadlines
- Experience creating and improving processes (Primarily Incident Management)
DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE (If applicable)
- ITIL Foundation Certified preferred
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top