The Consultant is responsible for the successful completion of assigned client implementation project activities of Accruent’s complex enterprise software. These implementation project activities include requirements analysis and definition, configuration of software, conference room pilots, testing, and go-live support for client. The Consultant works under the direction of the engagement Project Manager. The Consultant plans, researches, and analyzes the business requirements of the client; makes reasoned decisions after assessing the circumstances, and then provides recommendations along with the risks and issues involved with each alternative to the client.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates on multiple projects in varying phases of implementation simultaneously.
- Meets directly with client’s business users to identify project objectives.
- Works within overall project plan and schedule.
- Provides feedback to customers and creates structured documentation, including specifications, scopes of work and weekly status reports.
- Advises client on database configuration options based on best practices.
- Participates in or leads the business requirements gathering process for client customizations.
- Participates in customization design sessions with the Technical Services Manager. Meets regularly with developers assigned to the project to get periodic task updates on customization work and clarify questions.
- Participates in or leads business process engineering initiatives, including compiling interview results and drafting process documentation.
- Supports customization testing, including preparation of test scenarios. Oversees client user acceptance testing.
- Collaborates with customer team participants, Client Managers, Contract Services Project Leads and Technical Services to assure project success.
- Facilitates communication upward and across internal project team including project status, justifications for variances and technical information (architecture, design, and implementation objectives).
- Ensures that all methodology deliverables are complete (broad-based perspective).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 1-3 years of software implementation experience highly preferred.
- Proven pro-active team player and self-starter with the ability to drive decisions and consensus, and to resolve issues.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in order to liaise between the user community, executive sponsors and the technical team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Excellent presentation skills and polished/professional demeanor.
- Previous consulting/project management experience.
- Expertise with MS Office, including MS Project and MS PowerPoint.
- Ability to train others in use of Accruent products.
- Flexibility to accept out-of-town travel assignments of varying duration
- Proficiency with relational databases, SQL, Client Server and report writers (preferably Business Objects and/or Discoverer).
- Familiarity with Citrix, Terminal Server and Web architecture.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable field
DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE (If applicable)
- Knowledge of SQL is a plus.
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Meet Some of Accruent's Employees
Abbey helps people learn about what Accruent has to offer as a company. She also provides trainings for employees, is involved with planning networking events, and builds employer branding.
Back to top