- Denver, CO
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Database Developer will be responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining Accruent’s databases.
This role will be on/with our EMS product within the Space and Resource Management industry. The EMS Software solutions manage, monitor and control every aspect of meeting rooms, classrooms, gathering spaces, and office hoteling through a single platform.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager and will be located in Accruent’s Office in Centennial, Colorado.
How you'll make a difference:
- Create complex functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development
- Optimize database systems for performance efficiency.
- Work within an existing database framework to refactor and optimize very large stored procedures and table structures
- Ensure proper database functionality in both cloud and local environments both with and without replication
- Prepare design specifications and functional documentations for assigned database projects
- Ensure data quality and integrity in databases
- Identify issues related to database performance and assist with planning to resolve
- Participate in database design and architecture to support application development projects
- Manage and develop data back-up and archival systems
- Test databases and perform bug fixes
- Troubleshoot database related issues in a timely fashion
- Assist with the development of best practices for database design and development activities
What you bring to the table:
- Able to design, develop, and document complex technical solutions related to data management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once and ensure actionable outcomes
- Ability to work in a geographically diverse business environment
- Strong attention to detail and self-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively individually and within a remote team, in a fast-paced changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
Minimum Required Education and Experience:
- 5+years of experience in database development
- 3 + years of experience working with an agile team
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Versions 2012/2014/2016
Additional Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience working in Cloud and on-premise environments, preferred
- Experience reviewing query performance and optimizing stored procedures
- Experience writing technical and user documentation, business requirements documents and standard operating procedures
At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top