The Consultant II is responsible for the successful completion of assigned client implementation project activities of Accruent’s complex enterprise software. These implementation project activities included requirements analysis and definition, configuration of software, conference room pilots, testing, and go-live support for client. The Consultant II works under the direction of the engagement Project Manager, but may also be required to manage/lead small to medium engagements. The Consultant II plans, researches, and analyzes the business requirements of the client; makes reasoned decisions after assessing the circumstances, and then provides recommendations along with the risks and issues involved with each alternative to the client.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology, customers, and problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy helping others be successful, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Willingly travel nationwide to our customer locations to deliver on-site training and consulting services for the Accruent product families and the associated report writing software. Adhere to Accruent travel policies and expense allotments.
- Serve as the first point of contact (via phone, email, and web-based support portal) for Accruent’s user base, participating on multiple projects in varying phases of implementation simultaneously.
- Work with project team to understand objectives, collect requirements, configure the software application, test and train end users.
- Deliver clear and easy class instructions, communicate difficult concepts well, and maintain professional presentation skills.
- Deliver learning and consulting services remotely or at client sites, as assigned.
- Create and modify advanced customer
- Perform on-site integration services for installing Accruent software and its associated add-on modules.
- Write, select, update, and delete SQL statements to modify customer data using Accruent tools and methodologies.
- Resolve support cases escalated to Professional services as assigned.
- Perform necessary product testing to determine if issues are application, user error, training, bug, or enhancement requests.
- Suggest additional products and services to customers by creating proposals.
- Meet directly with client’s business users to identify project objectives.
- Work within overall project plan and schedule.
- Provide feedback and periodic status reports to clients and create structured documentation.
- Advise client on workflow, application, and database configuration options based on best practices and analysis of the client environment.
- Lead the business requirements gathering process for client customizations.
- Communicate with developers assigned to the project to get periodic task updates on customization and data migration work and clarify questions.
- Lead business process engineering initiatives, including compiling interview results and drafting process documentation.
- Support customization testing, including preparation of test scenarios. Overseeing client user acceptance testing.
- Collaborate with Client team participants, Project Managers and Engineering to assure project success.
- Facilitate communication upward and across internal project team including project status, justifications for variances and technical information (architecture, design, and implementation objectives).
- Ensure that all project deliverables are complete.
- Own the training and testing functions relationship with client end users.
- Serve as the application Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Possess deep project familiarity – anticipates next steps and proactively prepares for them.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree required; preferred in related discipline: Engineering, CS, MIS, or Communications
- Strong attention to detail, presentation skills, and sense of ownership
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision and possessing sense of urgency
- Hands-on approach to projects/tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, clients and prospects
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Ability to handle confidential client and company information
- Ability to train others in use of Accruent products
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project
- Experience with IIS, COM Components, MS Access, MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012, Windows XP/Win7/2008 OS, and Networking
- Experience with LAN and Web based applications
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills with computer software
- Experience working in or managing hospital plant operations, IT or clinical engineering departments a plus
- Desire to continually learn new technology and updated Accruent product lines
- Flexibility to accept out-of-town travel assignments of varying duration
- Ability to travel up to 75%, including some weekends
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top