Business Intelligence QA
We are looking for a talented Business Intelligence (BI) QA Engineer who is a highly-motivated and experienced software tester who is passionate about testing enterprise data warehouse environments. Ideal candidates must have extensive experience translating requirements into effective test cases, test planning, test automation and test execution. Possesses solid working knowledge of commonly used BI concepts, practices, and procedures within quality assurance and can provide subject matter expertise and guidance to other BI team members.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test enterprise-scale reports and dashboards in a Cognos 11 or similar environment.
- Working with internal users in a requirements analysis role.
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional).
- Experience with other business intelligence and report tools like SSIS, Business Objects, or similar Enterprise reporting tool.
- Experience validating data transformations using SQL queries.
- Familiarity with ETL tools used to transform data.
- Understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning), familiarity with complex data and structures.
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills are required to support working in agile environments that includes internal, external and customer teams.
- Requires strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Overall 3+ years of testing experience (primarily around Oracle development technologies and tool-sets) with major focus on functional testing and regression testing of various reports.
- 2+ years’ experience with SQL or PL/SQL, Oracle
- Must have 2+ years testing experience working in a 'Data Warehousing' environment (focused on Operational Data Stores, Data Warehouse and Data Marts)
- Experience with drafting test cases to check data quality
- Basic understanding of Data warehouse, ETL, BI and Big Data Concepts
- Working knowledge of testing the Business Intelligence (BI, OLAP, ROLAP) tools and Master Data Management (MDM) environment is preferred
- Experience using defect tracking tools and quality/test management tools such as Jira
- Ability to create and maintain quality assurance artifacts. Artifacts include, but are not limited to, test cases, test plans, testing strategies
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Bachelors in Computer/Information science or related fields required, MS or equivalent experience preferred
- Working knowledge of cloud environment (Oracle Cloud) and big data technologies would be a plus
- Experience with Atlassian Jira
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with QA industry best practices
- Experience in building scalable enterprise web based reporting applications
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top