Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative
The entry level Business Development Representative position is the perfect opportunity to start and build a career in the software sales industry. Accruent provides training and mentorship to support a career path leading to deal closer or Account Executive. As a Business Development Representative, you will be on the front lines for generating interest in Accruent’s software and services offerings. BDRs make cold calls to prospects to identify decision makers, qualify sales leads and set up appointments for Account Executives. This position requires determination, focus, tenacity, and resiliency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generate new sales opportunities via telephone prospecting.
- Consistently meet or exceed sales and outbound call quotas.
- Probe for prospect need via phone and web research.
- Set prospect appointments for Account Executives.
- Accurately document details of identified opportunities for timely follow up on leads.
- Support specific marketing programs, lead generation campaigns, and targeted sales activities.
- Strive for self-improvement and possess the curiosity to stay abreast of industry and market trends by utilizing various research organizations, sales books, and collateral.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to explain technical solutions to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to prospect for new business by phone for long hours.
- Ability to build professional rapport by telephone with prospects at Executive, or C level.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to uncover opportunities via phone conversation through probing questions to create a vision for our prospect as to how they will benefit from our products and services.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new processes.
- An energetic and positive personality with curiosity to learn and grow.
- A passion for winning and a desire for a career in sales.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Consultative B2B sales experience
- High contact retail, restaurant or other customer service experience
- Knowledge of Integrated Workplace Management, Property Management, Lease Administration, or Project Management
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Meet Some of Accruent's Employees
Abbey helps people learn about what Accruent has to offer as a company. She also provides trainings for employees, is involved with planning networking events, and builds employer branding.
Back to top