Associate Software Engineer in Test
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Associate Software Engineer in Test will be responsible for designing, developing, and analyzing automated test suites and tools for Accruent’s work order/asset management software product. Responsibilities include reviewing manual test suites for automation, developing test plans, and developing automation tools and utilities in a variety of programming languages for a web based enterprise application. This role will work directly with Senior QA’s and SEiT on the team to support their efforts.
This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager and will be located in Accruent’s Office in New Orleans, LA.
How you'll make a difference:
- Develop automation by writing components, tools, and scripts to automate the owned test cases
- Ability to learn to use tools and automation systems to accelerate product development, ensuring long-term quality
- Automate and execute functional UI and API end to end tests as well as integration tests.
- Ensure the teams and roles you work with are following the standards and best practices when working with team.
- Create test documentation (test strategies, plans, designs, scripts) derived from a variety of sources (business use cases, functional specifications, object models, relational diagrams, class diagrams, and system diagrams) to support individual and group testing efforts.
- Create feature test plans and cases, and supporting applications, harnesses, and automation to successfully test at the API, class, interface, data access, and application layers
- Ability to learn to maintain quality of work through regular code reviews
- Analyzes test results to determine where application bugs exist and where tests need improvement
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics, graduation from Technical School, or 2 years of equivalent experience.
- Interest in testing and software development methodologies
- Programming experience in one of the following (Java, Ruby, Python)
- Ability to understand product usage and assess the testing needs of a product
- Rudimentary understanding of software development practices and life cycles
- Ability to learn Object Oriented concepts
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to work well within a group or individually on projects
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of industry testing/development best practices
- Agile Development Methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Scalable Enterprise Web Based Applications
- Automated Testing Using Python, PERL, Java, Robot Framework, Selenium, SQL, etc.
- Using unit test frameworks such as xUnit or JUnit
- Building mocks/stubs to perform isolated testing
- Mobile Platform Testing (Android, iOS, Windows Phone)
- UI/UX, CLI, Microservice, and API Testing
- Cloud IaaS Solutions (AWS, Azure, OpenStack, etc.)
- Database Management Systems
- Linux and Windows Server/IIS Environments Testing
- Proven ability to write test automation frameworks or harnesses
- Experience with Crucible, Git, and Jenkins
At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top