Associate Engineering Manager
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
We are looking to hire an experienced software engineering leader who understands technology and knows how to build a team and deliver results. You will be responsible for managing teams of software engineers across enterprise product lines. Successful Associate Engineering Manager candidates will have outstanding analytic capabilities and a track record of delivering successful products as both a developer and manager. Experience with Java, .NET, web and/or mobile technologies will also contribute to success in this role. The ability to prioritize changing demands, multi-task, and creatively meet tight deadlines in addition to being extremely process focused in a fast-paced environment is a must.
This position reports directly to the Senior Engineering Manager and will be located in Accruent’s Office in New Orleans, Louisiana.
How you'll make a difference:
- Build and lead a high performing software development teams.
- Coordinate with other managers, Scrum Masters, and engineers to release high-quality software.
- Manage multiple projects using Agile SCRUM methodology.
- Ensure team creates products using a test-driven design approach.
- Collaborate across Product Management, Quality Engineering, Professional Services, CloudOps, and other teams.
- Mentor, train and help grow an engineering team that includes entry-level developers.
- Ensure customer empathy and accountability for the product by proactive & reactive responses to product health issues.
- Drive innovation to improve performance, decrease risk, and improve processes across multiple development teams.
- Participate in on-going training to stay current in required skills; and other duties as assigned.
What you bring to the table:
- 1+ years software engineering management or developer/test lead experience.
- 6+ years hands on software development experience.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Outstanding analytical capacity and track record of delivering successful products as a developer and manager
- Project management using Agile development practices: SCRUM, Kanban, TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Strong self-management skills, including the ability to set goals and respectfully provide positive and constructive feedback yielding positive relationships and improved business results.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a best in class product and instill development best practices that drive high quality results.
- Able to prioritize changing demands, multi-task, and creatively meet tight deadlines while being process-focused.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced, changing, team environment.
- Successful lead role in developing enterprise application frameworks (preferred)
- Thorough understanding of web based scalable, redundant technologies (preferred)
At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
We believe everyone can bring something incredible to the table with each of our unique experiences and personal skillset. We encourage you to apply for roles that interest you, even if you don’t believe you have the exact experience we’re looking for, or your background doesn’t match the job description perfectly. If you are courageous, adaptable, and love being part of an extraordinary team, we want to hear from you!
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 7,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 149 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top