Architectural Facilities Consultant (Contractor)
Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Assessment Services team:
The Assessment Services team is a unique department here at Accruent. They get the opportunity to travel to different work sites and assess a variety of different architectural buildings. The team members are highly collaborative to ensure our clients are prepared with detailed reports and analysis findings on their buildings. Come be part of a high functioning group that is constantly looking to make sure our clients and their buildings are mission ready.
Under limited supervision (training will be provided) the Architectural Facilities Consultant is responsible for performing visual inspections of facilities and related building systems and preparing detailed reports and analysis on their findings for client personnel.
This role will be working on/with our VFA.facility product. VFA helps with the capital planning process of budgeting resources for the future of an organization’s long-term plan. Capital planning includes budgeting for maintenance, new construction, and replacement of facilities (buildings, garages, etc.) and the systems within those facilities.
This position reports directly to the Project Manager and will be located in Accruent’s Office in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
***Please note this is a contract role and the length of assignment is indefinite
How you’ll make a difference:
- Perform visual inspections of facilities and related building systems (electrical, mechanical and/or architectural) on a national and occasionally international basis. Inspections may include energy and or sustainability evaluations.
- Interact with client facilities management staff to ascertain necessary information.
- Review and utilize client documentation during inspection process (drawings, studies, maintenance logs, etc.).
- Develop cost estimates for facilities replacement costs and/or corrective measures.
- Document findings using VFA’s web-based software, VFA facility and other software applications as necessary.
- Working in a team environment or independently.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- The ideal candidate will possess a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture
- Registration or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or licensed Architect (AIBC).
- 3-5 years of facilities engineering, operations, design, construction and/or facilities management experience.
- Must possess knowledge of building systems including architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical systems and/or site utilities.
- Candidates must be able to evaluate facility/system replacement values, conduct lifecycle analysis, and identify deficiencies with corrective cost estimates.
- Experience working in health care sector preferred.
- Solid understanding of personal computers and Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) are also required.
- Prior experience in multi-site or campus settings is preferred.
- Familiar with ASTM Uniformat Categories and RS Means Cost Estimation Tool
- Prior Experience working with BC and Canadian Building Codes, Life Safety and Accessibility Codes
- Able to summarize findings from other consultant reports – includes but not limited to As-Built Drawings, Building Envelope Reports, Roofing Reports, HAZMAT Reports, Structural Studies
At this time, visa sponsorship is not available.
Accruent is a global software company that helps organizations achieve superior performance by transforming how they manage their physical resources. Its innovative, industry-leading cloud-based software and services enable organizations to optimize all stages of real estate, facilities and asset management, from capital planning through to IoT-based monitoring and control. With a proven track record across two decades, Accruent has created the only integrated SaaS-based framework and reporting platform for full lifecycle physical resource management. More than 10,000 global customers depend on Accruent solutions to drive out hidden costs, extend asset lifecycles, protect their brands, ensure compliance and deliver on the missions of their organization. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Accruent serves a wide range of industries in 150 countries around the world.For more information, visit www.accruent.com.
Accruent is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. A background check may include: verification of education, past employment, criminal background reports, motor vehicle driving records, reference checks, civil suit records, drug test and/or investigations into incidents involving theft, fraud, harassment and workplace violence. The company is the sole determinant of a successful background check.
Back to top