VP, Consulting Strategy
- Plymouth Meeting, PA
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Vice President, Consulting Strategy is responsible for the strategy, relationship management, education, and ongoing development of alignment with the large consulting practices of WTW, Aon, Mercer, Lockton, and Gallagher in the US.
A day in the life…
- Full accountability for developing and executing strategies for Accolade specific products or preferred relationships to ensure streamlined buy-in and support of the Accolade product portfolio.
- Establishes and maintains key relationships with corporate and regional leadership for each of the large consulting practices.
- Develops key relationships and targets consultants that are adept at gaining buy-in from benefits leaders to purchase innovative solutions like the Accolade product array.
- Manages a team of individuals with responsibility for maintaining relationships and driving education for the consulting teams on an office-by-office basis.
- Ensures each consulting group is apprised of all material changes to Accolade capability (product, functionality, segment, service capability, etc.)
- Oversees individuals that would support specific sales opportunities in developing and executing a consulting strategy that would ensure success.
- Hire and manage BD resources as required to ensure a high-performing team.
- Supports sales and customer care teams with the development and fostering of key relationships to ensure new sales opportunity and retention opportunity.
- Supports the Regional Sales Executives in amplifying their sales plans and in Accolade’s abilities to target the most relevant opportunities.
- Develops and executes a broad awareness plan through development and execution of annual business plans for each key consulting firm.
- Consistently identifies opportunities, develops sales strategy with team in conjunction with the Sales Executives and Market Development Representatives.
- Effectively presents Accolade’s offerings to brokers and consultants
- Effectively leverages Accolade executives, the pre-sales team and services staff to support broker/consultant presentations
- Partners with marketing on opportunities for broadscale marketing strategies around preferred consulting relationships and finds opportunity to promote Accolade through webinars, joint studies, etc.
- Solicits product and market feedback from brokers, consultants and partners. Communicates this feedback to sales leadership, marketing, product development team, clinical and operational staff (feature requests, market trends, competition intelligence, new opportunities)
- Develops and executes on opportunities to market Accolade as an expert on all elements of advocacy; opportunities include large and regional conferences with the goal of showcasing outcomes and garnering support/confirmation from the consulting community
- Explores with internal constituents such as the Accolade actuarial team or data engagement team for opportunities to develop whitepapers based on confirmed results and looks for the consulting firms to publish results
- Ensures executive sponsorship and alignment with key relationships spanning each of the consulting practices
- Develops strategies and ensures continuity with sub-speciality groups within the consulting groups (health management, actuarial, product, etc.)
- Complies with all corporate policies and completes all administrative tasks on time
What we are looking for…
- BA in a business or technical related area of study
- Minimum 12-15 years of consulting relations and/or business development experience
- Minimum 5 years in a management capacity
- Experience around business development of strategic alliance development for complex, multi-stakeholder solutions. SaaS, health & welfare benefits, healthcare capital equipment, healthcare IT, health and welfare benefits outsourcing, human resources IT benefits software
- Experience in a leadership position within a large consulting practice
- Ability to manage and lead high performing business development team
- Embraces and thrives in a culture of transparency, accountability and trust
- Self-starter with ability to work independently, prioritize work and coordinate multiple tasks within tight time constraints
- Ability to navigate the strategic levels of customer organizations, identify key decision-makers, build relationships with senior executives and schedule meetings with key stakeholders
- Ability to establish strong team relationships in a matrix organization
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Possess account knowledge, executive-level customer contacts and industry relationships inside the employer market space
- Command of social media for the benefit of lead generation, gaining access to executives and networking with key stakeholders
- Strong aptitude with business software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
- Strong business acumen
- Demonstrated ability to successfully negotiate complex contract
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top