Usability Tester/Research Analyst Intern
This internship role will give you the opportunity to research and evaluate business needs, product requirements, and user feedback and transform them into user-focused and intuitive application, mobile, and product experiences for a real world agile product development team in collaboration with User Experience Designers, Project Mangers, and Software Engineers.
A Day in the Life...
- Develop usability test plans and scripts, conduct usability test sessions to obtain user preferences and feedback, and present findings and recommendations in a plan that drives future design improvements
- Educate in-house user experience team on different research methodologies and data analysis techniques
- Derive insights from a variety of quantitative and qualitative research methods; interviews, ethnography, focus groups, usability testing, survey design, diary studies, and more to obtain targeted insight into the user’s motivations and goals
- Evaluate current business processes and product designs to see if they are easy to understand, efficient in accomplishing tasks, and ensures a cohesive, quality user experience across all Accolade products
- Collect testing needs from internal clients, and determine priorities that are consistent with business goals and objectives. Proactively identify new opportunities that will offer actionable learning
Key Knowledge, Skills, or Qualities
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS or MA/MS in behavioral science or closely related discipline. Qualifying fields include but are not limited to: Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Psychology (Cognitive or Experimental), Interface Design, or Computer Science
- Experience with an extensive variety of Usability research tools and methods (especially user-centered design processes), and involvement in running a variety of tests
- Comfortable interviewing and observing people in many different situations and also putting them at ease
- Proven track record of consistently producing deliverables that are well-written and contain helpful information, providing solid and actionable recommendations
- Proven ability to synthesize lots of information and distill it into meaningful data
- Creative thinker with strong people interaction and facilitation skills
- Solid organization, project management and planning skills with web application implementations
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Should be self-directed with effective time management skills
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively as a member of a team
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines
- Exhibit strong problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound recommendations and decisions based on observed user behavior and prior experience
Values we admire
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Who we are
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top