Telephonic Nurse- Maternity (Women's Health Clinical Health Assistant)
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
As an Accolade Registered Nurse-Clinical Health Assistant on our Women’s Health team, you will be a trusted go-to resource who helps our clients via phone, email, mobile messaging with any issues related to their health or health benefits. You will be assisting individuals understand diagnostic tests, test alternatives, costs, risks, and settings specifically related to pregnancy and infertility. Helping individuals understand their diagnosis and treatments options and helping choose appropriate care and settings for all their healthcare needs. You’ll have the opportunity to help clients in a telephonic professional setting, get the right care at the right time… no problem is too big or too small.
A day in the life…
Support the right clients with their care needs when they need us most
· Be available when clients need us
· Communicate with clients in whatever way is best for the client (phone, email, mobile)
· Leverage technology to outreach to clients when we know they are utilizing healthcare services
Engage with clients in ways that build relationships and trust
· Use our learning model to truly listen and understand what is going on in the lives of clients
· Get a holistic view of who our clients are, understand what’s important to them and provide options so they can make informed decisions
· Follow-up and do the leg work when appropriate
· Help clients to address barriers to care
· Learn about the lives of clients which allows us to customize the support we provide to them and their families
Influence care by educating clients, providing options, and assisting with navigating the healthcare system
· Guide clients to resources to educate them on their specific health conditions
· Provide options to care and support clients when making treatment decisions
· Help clients to understand their treatment plans and when to contact their provider
· Help clients to be educated consumers of healthcare by preparing them for visits, tests and procedures
· Educate and empower clients so they confidently navigate the healthcare system
Lead clients to better health outcomes which improves quality of life and reduces healthcare costs for our customers
· Become knowledgeable on our clients’ benefits to effectively answer questions
· Help clients to make the best use of their benefits and prevent costly process errors
· Help clients avoid complications that can lead to hospital admissions and readmissions
· Help clients to comply with treatment plans to best manage health condition
What we are looking for…
· Minimum of 5 years as an active Registered Nurse (RN) with a current unrestricted license
· Minimum of 5 years experience in OB, Maternal Child, Post-Partum Nursing or Infertility care
· Strong and broad knowledge of the healthcare industry:
· Demonstrated broad understanding of current healthcare delivery systems
· Demonstrated ability to navigate/understand and explain Health Plan SPDs
· Ability to listen, talk and type all at once
· Empathetic critical thinking
· Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
· Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint)
· Strong self-management
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate with individuals at various levels within the organization
· Ability to perform well under pressure, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, evolving environment
· Aptitude for critical thinking / problem solving
· Demonstrated attention to detail
· Operates from a perspective of truly caring about our clients and creating value for them
· Change champion and adapt to change quickly
· Data-driven and fact-based: focused on getting to best answer for clients
· Detail-oriented, inquisitive, problem-solving in nature
· Proven ability to roll up your sleeves and make a contribution quickly
· A team player capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big - not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
*All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top