Technical Product Manager
Do you want to participate in creating and delivering the next generation of technology to simplify access to healthcare, enable informed and intelligent healthcare choices and reduce healthcare costs for millions of consumers? Are you bored of working in ecommerce, or a small functionality of a big product where you don’t see your impact? If your answers are yes, please read on!
As a core member of Accolade’s data platform team you will be designing, building and delivering V1 cloud native, service-oriented products to meet the growth trajectory of the company in data ingestion, processing and business intelligence needs.
Accolade's Technical Product Managers constantly think about how technology can be leveraged to deliver value to our customers and play a critical role building scalable platform services that span the breadth of the organization. Working integrally with product managers, infrastructure engineering, software developers, and other stakeholders they manage cross-functional engineering programs and web services.
A Day in the Life...
What does the day to day of the role look like:
- Establish and own the vision for the Accolade Cloud Platform data services, ensuring it aligns with the needs of the product experience by leveraging our core Architectural foundation
- Own the product/service roadmap and backlog; Make tough strategic and tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate service & API roadmap
- Lead delivery teams, taking ownership and accountability of their planning, delivery and adoption
- Gather business and functional requirements for your service area from external and/or internal customers and end-users, and translate requirements into robust, scalable, supportable services that work well across the ecosystem
- Evangelize new and proposed technical capabilities with partner stakeholders to ensure adoption
- Anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering on their objectives. Continually drive for clarity to keep teams moving forward
- Ensure Agile and Lean best practices are applied to the development life-cycle and contribute ongoing improvements to Accolade’s software development practices
- Breakdown work into manageable components, delivering incremental value to your stakeholders.
- Collaborate across teams; All Product Managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job. We win or lose as a company.
- Own the metric measures (KPIs) used to define success for your product/program. Success measures must be defined at inception and tracked throughout the life-cycle; Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusion
What kind of projects will you support?
- Building next-generation data ingestion engine, data processing through AWS EMR, synchronizing data between up and down streams; AWS RDS, Dynamo, ElasticSearch, RedShift, s3, and dockerizing anything running in production
What do you need to bring to the table to be successful in this role?
In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we're looking for someone comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment who has a good deal of experience with SaaS applications, as indicated by the following attributes
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of strong technical program management experience and/or 5+ years of solution management experience for infrastructure, software, or online services (SaaS experience)
- Thorough understanding of infrastructure processes and life-cycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport across the organization with technical and non-technical team members alike
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, software engineering and customer support
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, operations, product management, software engineering and support
- Strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with SaaS development practices used to build and deploy web / mobile applications
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects using Agile methodologies and embracing a Lean start-up mentality
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web / mobile applications products
- Domain expertise in application life-cycle management, continuous delivery, launch/deployment, develops application development, web application operations, PaaS, IaaS, cloud services
- Start-up and technical infrastructure growth / management experience
Who we are
Values we admire:
We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top