Talent Management Intern
Human Resources (aka People Support) at Accolade
Our team is called People Support (PS) instead of Human Resources because we are more than just your typical HR department – we’re a progressive and agile team of tenacious teammates dedicated to making Accolade the best place to work in the world. Within the People Support team, the Learning & Talent Management team is responsible for managing learning, development, and employee engagement experiences that support Accolade's strategic vision, organizational development and cultural initiatives.
We are looking for a strong student to join the team as our Talent Management Intern in the summer of 2017. This is a unique opportunity for a passionate, culture-obsessed, strong performer to gain exposure to a variety of HR disciplines and contribute to building some core aspects of this growing, highly visible function and agenda with a huge opportunity for growth and impact. So, if you’re game for rolling up your sleeves and playing a hands-on role in a dynamic, fast-paced environment please read on!
A Day in the Life...
As the Talent Management intern, you’ll work collaboratively across a variety of HR areas to support the design and delivery for new Talent Management solutions and provide input to continuous improvement process for existing solutions.
Under the direction of Senior Director of Talent Management, the People Support Intern will be exposed to:
- Employee Engagement: Support the reporting and analysis of our annual employee engagement survey in partnership with an external vendor.
- Leadership Development: Assist in building an internal repository dedicated to providing People Leaders (managers) with new tools and resources.
- Succession Management: Support the design and rollout of succession management approach that fits Accolade’s business need and culture.
- Culture: Plan Accolade week activities aligned with Accolade Spirt Committee to support the further embedding of Accolade’s Cultural Cornerstones.
- Internal Communications: Keep our employee portal site up to date and build/curate new material by developing internal employee communications across various media platforms.
- Talent Pipeline Program Management: Assist the Intern Program Manager with planning and executing internship program events.
- HR Information Systems & Analytics: Partner with our HRIS team to deliver ongoing reporting related to the performance management process as well as build a talent dashboard to support talent review process with Executive Team.
- Best Practice Research: Research, create and maintain database of talent management resources and make recommendations on utilization. This may include things like templates for new leader assimilation, onboarding plans, and change management support.
- Project Management: Support additional ad-hoc projects
Key Knowledge, Skills, or Qualities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, or related discipline.
- You get stuff done: You’re an executor with a scrappy "find a way to get it done" mentality.
- You’re detail-oriented: Your life mantra is that the small things matter and are worth doing right. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch. You’ve probably been described as Type ‘A’ person more than once in your lifetime.
- You’re tech savvy: You’re not only comfortable with technology – you ‘excel’ at it. You have demonstrated experience using working with all programs in the Microsoft suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint to simplify and propel your work. Experience with our HRIS platform, Workday, is preferred.
- You’re a data junky: You are analytically driven and are addicted to finding insights in data to inform decisions and drive strategic direction.
- You’re fun: You can talk to anyone; you're motivated, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome. You may have even laughed the excel pun above.
- You’re flexible: You roll with the punches. You prefer a fast-paced and dynamic environment and are agile and comfortable enough to keep up as plans change and evolve.
- You’re a multi-tasking machine: You’ve demonstrated the ability to balance and manage multiple priorities with accuracy, efficiency, and in a timely manner due to your strong organization skills.
- You’re a self-starter: You take initiative and are comfortable being empowered to work independently. When you need help, you’re not shy to ask.
- You collaborate: You’re the consummate team player, able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with other team members to achieve results. You understand how your work (& the way you communicate it) is important to other people.
Values we admire
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Who we are
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top