Sr Software Engineer
Where it all began
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Do you want to participate in creating and delivering the next generation of technology to simplify access to healthcare, enable informed and intelligent healthcare choices and reduce healthcare costs for millions of consumers? Are you bored of working in ecommerce, or a small functionality of a big product where you don’t see your impact? If your answers are yes, please read on!
As a key member of Accolade’s product development organization, Software Engineers on our Partners & Integration team will be designing and building our next generation of end-to-to end cloud-optimized products and services from the ground up. Every day you will be solving hard problems at internet scale, using world-class modern tools and technologies.
A day in the life…
What does the day to day of the role look like?
- Design and implement rich APIs and applications with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Technically lead the design and delivery of solutions end to end.
- Work closely with product owners, designers, and other engineers to deliver innovative solutions and solve complex healthcare problems.
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Proactively seek to improve engineering principles, processes, tools, and frameworks.
- Be an expert in a broad range of design patterns and technologies.
What do you need to bring to be successful in this role?
In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we're looking for someone comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that has experience with service oriented architecture including:
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems.
- Individuals who believe that delivery speed and code quality are not conflicting.
- Take pride and ownership over everything you ship. It’s not “released” until it is correct.
- Strong understanding of architectural patterns required for designing and building efficient, scalable, and maintainable micro-services and applications.
- Engineers with deep passion and sense of ownership for the solutions they design, produce, and ship.
- Experience modeling and querying in various persistence technologies including both relational, document, and key-value stores.
- Ability to work in a highly cross team dependent environment, where communication and accountability are prioritized at the highest levels.
- Comfortable working on a high visibility, high impact project.
Values we admire:
We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Back to top