Sr. Software Development Engineer
The world of healthcare is becoming more data driven and augmenting clinicians and healthcare staff through knowledge and intelligence is exploding in the market. If you are looking for an opportunity to completely reinvent healthcare and being a part of the artificial intelligence revolution, let’s talk!
Senior Software Development Engineer/Lead for the Accolade team to be responsible for the design, architecture and development of the scalable micro services as a building block of the Accolade Cloud Platform. The role is a very interesting mix of technical depth, ownership of the complete lifecycle of the service and mentorship of the team members.
A Day in the Life...
- What the day to day of the role looks like:
- Work with Product Management to define the scope and requirements
- Effective Design, Architect and plan the delivery of the proposed scope
- Hire and build a team to deliver the product
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time with high quality for team and as an individual.
- Effectively communicate the status, manage expectations for the stake holders, demonstrates creative, technical, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- What you bring to the table:
- Experience in designing, architecting, and developing scalable web applications, including micro services and storage
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in building web services, REST APIs, and general back end development experience is required.
- Solid understanding of full stack web development on Open Source Technologies and Java, ReactJS, distributed database technologies such as RDS, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora etc. on AWS
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in building and working in a highly agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible Desire and willingness to work in an Agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Strong foundation on Modern DevOps culture
- Experience in Healthcare especially with HIPPA compliance system is preference
- Desired Personal Characteristics:
- An excellent leader with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive
- A motivated self-starter with a solid level of experience that quickly grasps complex challenges
- A skillful communicator with experience working with technical management teams
- A strong customer focus and metrics driven
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator, and influencer
- Fast fail entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid growth serving millions of customers
- Locally-based applicants highly preferred (Seattle)
Who we are
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Customer Partnerships Manager
Lara ensures that every Accolade customer, whether an employer or health plans partner, understands the value of Accolade services—and gets the best service possible.
Back to top