Sr. Human Resources Business Partner
Do you want to make a big impact? Do you want to change the world and branch out your skills to a start-up environment? Do you want to own something end to end and put your stamp on an organization? We are looking for an experienced HR professional to join our small and growing team!
You’ll work with Sales and Marketing leaders based all in the US and support our Chief Marketing Officer based in Seattle. You’ll have direct access to our senior executive team and work with them on a day to day basis. You’ll partner with some of the leading industry experts to change healthcare. Come shape what the future of HR looks like at one of the leading Healthcare start-ups – this isn’t an opportunity you’ll see every day.
Human Resources (aka People Support) at Accolade
Our team is called People Support (PS) instead of Human Resources because we are more than just your typical HR department - we’re a progressive and agile team of tenacious, trusted advisors who deliver efficient and effective programs to our employees to further enable the company’s strategy to grow the business. People are at the center of our business, so therefore our People Support team and work is at the center of everything we do at Accolade.
A Day in the Life...
Describe what the day to day of the role looks like
- Partner closely with Sales and Marketing Business Leaders to deliver on our business goals through focusing on growing, developing and retaining the best people. You’ll be their trusted advisor and coach, as well as consult with the business to identify, prioritize, develop and deliver HR initiatives.
- Collaborate with your other HR leaders in Talent Acquisition, Compensation, HRIS, Talent Management, Diversity and Inclusion, and Leadership Development.
- Lead high visibility projects that touch every aspect of our business and HR.
A look outside the day to day:
- In addition to serving as the strategic HR leader, you’ll also coordinate and lead annual processes (think performance reviews and calibration) across multiple teams. You’ll handle all of the employee relations with the upmost confidentiality across multiple teams.
- You’ll use your HR savvy data skills to help business leaders look around corners and provide valuable insights.
First year priorities:
- You’ll earn the trust of business leaders, and developed deep relationships with the business and HR team.
- You’ll collaborate with our Compensation and Talent Management team to develop new career levels, job descriptions and career path for the entire organization.
- You’ll partner with Talent Management to deliver a world-class onboarding program.
Demonstrated education, skills and experience to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of 7 years of Human Resources experience, preferably with 3-5 years of experience in a Business Partner or Generalist role. Experience in a high-touch service related environment both internally and externally is preferred.
- This isn’t your first time at the rodeo: You have broad experience, a thorough understanding of Human Resource methods and practices, and have proven your ability to acclimate to new environments and contribute quickly. You also have trust, and the ability to appropriately deal with “people-sensitive” issues and handle confidential documents.
- You’re a coach: You’ve proven experience coaching remote leaders on a global scale.
- You’re compassionate and connected to our mission: You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- You’re a change agent: You’ve demonstrated results partnering with business leaders and their teams to design and facilitate chang.
- You’re flexible: You prefer a fast-paced and dynamic environment and are agile and comfortable enough to keep up as plans change and evolve.
- You’re a multi-tasking machine: You’ve demonstrated the ability to balance and manage multiple priorities with accuracy, efficiency, and in a timely manner due to your strong organization skills.
- You’re a self-starter: You take initiative and are comfortable being empowered to work independently. When you need help, you’re not shy to ask.
- You get things done: You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small, with attention to detail.
- You collaborate: You’re the consummate team player, able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with other team members to achieve results.
- You’re a communication pro: You can speak and write in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- You’re able and willing to travel: This role will require travel to our other locations (Plymouth Meeting (Philadelphia area), PA, Scottsdale, AZ).
Who we are
We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began…
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top