Sr Dir, Clinical Strategy
- Seattle, WA
Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. Using a blend of cloud-based technologies, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians, and integrated data and programs across mobile, online and phone, Accolade navigates people through the healthcare system with trust, empathy and ease. Employers of all sizes offer Accolade to employees and their families as the single place to turn for all health, healthcare, and benefits questions or concerns, increasing their engagement in benefits and connecting them to the highest quality providers and care. By empowering people to make better decisions about their health, Accolade lowers the cost and complexity of healthcare, and achieves consumer satisfaction ratings over 90% and an NPS of 60. The company has been recognized multiple times as a Fastest Growing Business, Top Workplace and Company to Watch. For more information, visit Accolade on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and at www.accolade.com.
The Sr Dir, Clinical Strategy reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, is responsible for leading the development of clinical programs that encompasses an enterprise wide approach to clinical solutions and offerings. This role will drive the execution of Accolade’s clinical strategy, innovating and reimagining existing and future solutions. This position will create and reinforce our clinical strategic direction and provide direction and support across the product and technology and clinical operations teams. We are looking for extremely entrepreneurial individuals to innovate and capture the market on a mission to better the lives of millions of people.
A day in the life…
- Establish and own the vision, strategy, and roadmap for all clinical programs, ensuring they align with the needs of the customer as well as the overall clinical strategy and vision. Works with executive leadership and business to communicate and garner support for clinical strategy and execution plan.
- Collaborate with the SVP Product Management, Chief Technology Officer, and VP Clinical & Service Delivery and other stakeholders to ensure alignment of high value projects to business objectives on clinical impact, revenue, growth, quality, and efficiency
- Establishes and implements strategies that have mid-term impact on results and influences overall corporate strategies particularly as it pertains to clinical trend line reduction, cost to serve, and growth
- Lead the cross-functional execution of new clinical programs across product and technology including product management, process engineering, rules engine, predictive analytics/machine learning and across the company including clinical operations, actuarial, implementation, and training
- Provides guidance, coaching and management of the product and technology’s clinical leadership team including Clinical Solutions, Clinical Analytics, and Clinical Research
- Own the clinical program roadmap and backlog by making tough strategic and tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term
- Ensure new program and solution offerings are grounded in well-articulated and differentiated clinical scope and process
- Provide clinical direction for Solutions teams in transforming our business; optimizing and balancing cost with outcomes and ensuring value
- Build & own frameworks to ensure new clinical programs are optimized for internal and external launch
- Be a leader within the product organization leadership and across the business and go-to expert for industry best practices and insights in population health, care delivery, and innovation.
What we are looking for…
- B.S. or equivalent; Continued education such as MBA / MD / MPH is a plus
- 15+ years of experience in population health, care management, and/or health care administration, with at least 7 years of leadership experience
- Experience managing a budget or P&L
- Recognized thought leader in multiple domains such as healthcare strategy, operations, analytics, clinical workflow and regulatory requirements
- Exceptional people manager, with track record of delivering results with high levels of employee engagement both in direct reports and laterally
- Demonstrated business, financial, advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- A proven communicator with demonstrated excellence in high visibility oral and written research communications; Experience communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple teams
- A credible peer for anyone in the leadership of healthcare, an influencer and champion of change
- Very comfortable with developing, implementing, managing and executing through influence and in a collaborative manner across a cross-functional set of senior stakeholders
- Data driven but comfortable with ambiguity. Exceptional problem-solver. Adept at simplifying complexity and developing scalable propositions
- Strong capacity to remain calm and composed during times of uncertainty and rapid change
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top