Software Engineer Intern
Accolade is in the process of building a modern, scalable API platform. This is a unique opportunity to see what goes into building an API platform for a wide variety of web and mobile applications to consume. This role is to be part of a services team that is primarily responsible for identity related services, the platforms API Gateway as well as supporting tools and libraries to help other teams as they develop services. Our team also has secondary responsibilities around devops, our enterprise integration platform, driving automation/testing tooling and more.
A Day in the Life...
The types of work we are doing and what you will work on:
- Working with OAuth2, OpenID Connect, FHIR and other auth and API specifications to provide identity/auth solutions to our services and their consumers
- Working with Apigee Edge as our API Gateway solution to support our own services and other teams services
- Working with Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Cloud and other Spring/Java libraries and frameworks to develop our microservices
- Working with AWS to support the deployment pipeline, do devops work and support our applications in productionThese technologies are all being used to drive support for our own internal mobile applications and web applications. They will also soon start to be consumed by external partners as well.
Key Knowledge, Skills, or Qualities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related IT field
Values we admire
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Who we are
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top