Software Engineer III - Mobile (iOS & Android)
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Software Engineer III - Mobile (iOS & Android) is responsible for helping us design, architect, and develop our next generation of mobile applications. We strive to help our clients navigate the winding road in healthcare by building intuitive, high-performing, and efficient software. As a developer on our mobile application team, you will be at the forefront of reinventing how we help those we serve.
A day in the life…
- Work with a tight-knit agile team to design and develop mobile applications in an iterative fashion
- Work with Product Management and Development Lead to define the scope and requirements
- Work with the Development Lead to effectively design, architect and plan the delivery of the requirements
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and with high quality
- Drive and implement new features within our mobile applications
- Identify new development tools/approaches that will increase code quality, efficiency, and best practices
- Develop and champion the development processes, coding style guidelines, and architectural designs necessary to innovate and maintain great product quality
- Operates effectively for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes
- Perform thorough manual testing and writing test cases that cover all areas of the applications
- Effectively turns design documents and graphics into high-performing, usable UI
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Computer Science fundamentals, as illustrated through algorithm design, problem solving, and complex analyses
- 5+ years of iOS or Android mobile development experience
- Fluent in either Swift, Java or Kotlin
- In-depth knowledge of Cocoa Touch frameworks or Android Architecture Components (Jetpack)
- Proficient with writing unit & functional tests
- Familiar with automation frameworks (e.g. Kiki, OCMock, Robolectric, Expresso, Mockito, etc.)
- Demonstrates creative, technical, and analytical skills
- Superlative oral and written communication skills in technical and business environments
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top