Software Engineer III
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
A day in the Life…
- You are a Software Engineer and you focus on the Accolade platform as a whole ecosystem to make sure it is reliable, efficient and secure.
- You are continuously seeking for an improvement of the entire platform. In order to do that, you are daily leveraging our monitoring platform to find trends and weak spots in our design and operational metrics.
- You are working with other SW development teams daily and you are helping them to adopt the latest improvements prepared by DevOps teams to increase their development velocity.
- You are observing the most important Accolade’s Platform KPIs and provide better visibility into important metrics to the rest of the organization by creating and improving monitoring dashboards, creating templates and improving the correlation of our monitoring data.
- You will adopt the machine learning capabilities in our monitoring tools to predict and prevent failures and outages.
- You will also participate in high severity incidents and make sure we prevent the same problem to happen again.
A look outside the day to day:
- You are working daily with SW Development, DevOps and Security teams in a shared responsibility model to make sure the Accolade platform is stable, efficient in resource utilization and secure.
- You are involved in the entire software life-cycle of our platform, like in service and application designs, CI/CD design, capacity planning, chaos testing etc.
Demonstrated education, skills and experience to be successful in this role:
- Strong knowledge of a high-level abstraction programming language, such as Java, node.js or Python.
- Detailed knowledge of distributed systems and RESTful micro-services.
- Broad experience with public clouds, like AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Expert in monitoring tools, such as Elasticsearch/Kibana/Logstash, New Relic and AWS CloudWatch.
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP, load-balancing, routing principles, DNS, HTTP, SSL and API routing.
- Experience with describing infrastructure as a code, for example with CloudFormation, Terraform, Azure Resource Manager etc.Experie
- nce with CI/CD tools and writing pipelines.
Values we admire:
We find joy and purpose in serving others.
Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Back to top