Software Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
Accolade at a glance… Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. Using a blend of cloud-based technologies, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians, and integrated data and programs across mobile, online and phone, Accolade navigates people through the healthcare system with trust, empathy and ease. Employers of all sizes offer Accolade to employees and their families as the single place to turn for all health, healthcare, and benefits questions or concerns, increasing their engagement in benefits and connecting them to the highest quality providers and care. By empowering people to make better decisions about their health, Accolade lowers the cost and complexity of healthcare, and achieves consumer satisfaction ratings over 90% and an NPS of 60. The company has been recognized multiple times as a Fastest Growing Business, Top Workplace and Company to Watch. For more information, visit Accolade on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and at www.accolade.com.
The Software Engineer II is responsible for the design, development, and operation of services and/or web applications. As a valuable member of the team, you will drive multiple product features, deliver them with high quality and work as part of a team to monitor and operate your services in production.
A day in the life…
- Work with Product Management and Development Lead to define the scope and requirements
- Work with Development Lead to effectively Design, Architect and plan the delivery of the proposed scope
- Help with hiring and interviewing prospective team members
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time with high quality for team and as an individual.
- Effectively communicate the status, manage expectations for the stake holders, demonstrates creative, technical, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in the areas of technical ownership
- Be constantly striving to grow and develop inter-personal and technical skills
What we are looking for…
- Experience in designing, architecting, and developing scalable services utilizing micro-service (i.e. Docker) and serverless technologies with a preference for experience with AWS ECS and Lambda.
- 3+ years of experience in building web services, REST APIs, and general backend infrastructure is required.
- Solid understanding of full stack web development on Open Source Technologies, Java and/or Python, a well as distributed database technologies such as AWS RDS, ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in building and working in a highly agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible environment.
- Strong foundation on Modern DevOps culture
- Experience in Healthcare especially with HIPAA compliance system is preferred
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- An excellent engineer with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive
- A motivated self-starter with a solid level of experience that quickly grasps complex challenges
- A skillful communicator with experience working with technical management teams
- A strong customer focus and metrics driven
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator, and influencer
- Fast fail entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high
- Excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid growth serving millions of customer
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top