Software Development Engineer (Services)
As a core member of Accolade’s product development organization, Software Engineers on our Integration & Partners team will be designing and building our next generation of end-to-to end cloud optimized products and services. Initially, you’ll be creating our APIs for our third-party partners, enabling them to engage with our platform. Every day you will be solving hard problems at internet scale, using world-class modern tools and technologies.
A Day in the Life...
What the day to day of the role looks like:
- Design and implement APIs to enable third-parties to integrate their products with ours.
- Resolve complex technical issues and deliver innovative solutions that improve user engagement, system availability, resiliency, and performance.
- Work closely with product owners, designers, other software engineers, architects, quality engineers, and DevOps to deliver next-generation innovative solutions that solve complex healthcare problems.
- Write clean, testable, readable, and maintainable code that can be rapidly deployed at internet scale.
- Deploy in the cloud: You will be creating and scaling features and services on AWS.
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, and deploying, inclusive of reviewing other member's code.
- Our entire development environment is managed in the cloud utilizing tools and services such as GitHub, Jira on Demand, Bamboo, and Amazon Web Services.
- Programming in Java.
What you bring to the table:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineer, or similar degree, with heavy focus on Computer Science fundamentals.
- 5+ years of progressively increasing experience in commercial software development and full product lifecycles. This should equate to having worked on several different software products through 2+ major release cycles for each; you've delivered software product to end-users and gotten to mature as you worked through bug reports.
- Experience designing and building complex business applications using object-oriented design, and developed using OO programming languages; recent programming experience with Java (add of C# is a plus).
- Experience modeling and querying in various persistence technologies including RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL, messaging, and ElasticSearch.
- Ability to create/maintain services with robust performance, resiliency and telemetry: Ideally you have proficiency with services using HTTP, REST, and open source frameworks (e.g., Spring). Exposure to service-oriented, SOA, architecture is a must. o You are intimately familiar with SaaS development practices used to build and deploy web / mobile applications.
- Working knowledge of large-scale service-oriented infrastructure and the design of scalable, highly available systems in the real world.
- A passion for improving engineering practices and producing high quality software with high test coverage.
- Agile development methodology expertise, proficiency with software management tools such as Jira, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Experience using a modern version control system to accomplish release and configuration management.
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot, trace and develop fixes for root causes in complex code bases and distributed systems.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport across the organization with technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Understanding of regulations associated with HIPAA, PHI, and/or PCI.
- Experience building software for the healthcare industry and/or medical informatics
- Locally-based applicants highly preferred (Seattle)
Who we are
Values we admire:
We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top