Software Development Engineer II
Want to be a part of a rapidly growing company set out to simplify healthcare with a combination of compassion and technology? We are looking for an application developer that can help us build our next generation of tools. We strive to help our clients navigate the winding road of healthcare by building intuitive, performant, and helpful software. As a developer on our application team, you will be at the forefront of reinventing how we help those we serve.
A Day in the Life...
Describe what the day to day of the role looks like
- Work with a small agile team to design and develop web applications in an iterative fashion.
- Work with a tight-knit group of development team members in Plymouth Meeting as well as our other offices in Prague and Seattle.
- Marry business APIs with UX designs to build performant UI using React, Redux, and Less/Sass.
- Work tightly with our DevOps teams to deploy and support our software using cloud services and tools such as Amazon Web Services, GitHub, Shippable, Docker and more.
What kind of projects would they work on outside of day to day?
- Contribute to best practices and help guide the future of our application technologies.
- Productize our tools to help create an application platform which can be used to create new applications and features quickly and consistently.
- Work with product management, UX, and web services teams to help bring our ambitious vision to life.
- Interface with our internal users and beta testers to gather feedback and troubleshoot issues.
What would success in Year 1 look like? Are there key things they would accomplish?
- You will hit the ground running, being a part of one of our company’s most ambitious projects.
- In the first year, you will help us march toward our goal of rolling out our new tools to our entire business.
Have demonstrated education, skills and experience to be successful in this role.
- Experience in designing, evaluating, and developing web applications.
- Minimum of 5 years of web development and applications development experience is required.
- Solid understanding of UX and UI design with an emphasis on maximizing usability.
- Solid understanding of building web applications.
- Proficiency in back-end development with an emphasis on front-end applications.
- Preferred exposure to: Node, React, Flux, Redux, Less/Sass, AngularJS, *nix shell, Docker, npm, AWS
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in an Agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment
Who we are
We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began…
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top