Senior Software Engineer
As a key member of Accolade’s product development organization, Software Engineers on our Partners & Integration team will be designing and building our next generation of end-to-end cloud-optimized products and services from the ground up. Every day you will be solving hard problems at internet scale, using world-class modern tools and technologies.
A Day in the Life...
As a member of a rapidly growing team of Software Engineers, your responsibilities include:
- Design and implement rich APIs and applications with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Technically lead the design and delivery of solutions end to end.
- Work closely with product owners, designers, and other engineers to deliver innovative solutions and solve complex healthcare problems.
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Proactively seek to improve engineering principles, processes, tools, and frameworks.
- Be an expert in a broad range of design patterns and technologies.
In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we're looking for someone comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that has experience with service oriented architecture including:
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems.
- Individuals who believe that delivery speed and code quality are not conflicting.
- Take pride and ownership over everything you ship. It’s not “released” until it is correct.
- Strong understanding of architectural patterns required for designing and building efficient, scalable, and maintainable micro-services and applications.
- Engineers with deep passion and sense of ownership for the solutions they design, produce, and ship.
- Experience modeling and querying in various persistence technologies including relational, document, and key-value stores.
- Ability to collaborate with dependent teams, focusing on communication and accountability to deliver system-level solutions.
- Comfortable working on a high-visibility, high-impact project.
Who we are
Values we admire:
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began…
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top