Accolade's Software Development Engineers in Test constantly think about how we can improve the confidence that our technology can be used to deliver value to our customers. Our SDET's play a critical role in building our scalable platform services, and their work spans the breadth of our product.
Working with Product Managers, other SDETs, and Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation, your mission will be to never allow critical issues to be passed into production systems and to ensure that production applications meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
A Day in the Life...
As a member of one of our agile teams, we envision that you'll be doing the following:
- Drive and implement strategy around the automated testing of applications, API’s, and frameworks as part of a continuous integration environment.
- Perform thorough automation test planning to ensure comprehensive code coverage, writing test cases that cover all areas. Identify missing test scenarios and refine existing automation.
- Write, plan & organize all necessary test passes, staying on top of all important issues; help triage bugs and drive issues to resolution.
- Define Functional Automation Coverage Map, bring visibility to all the stakeholders and the members of the Agile Team
- Build automation to exercise the greater part of manual tests (goal being 100%) for features to ensure they meet high quality levels and prevent regressions. Automated tests include unit, integration (service) and system level tests.
- Work with other team members to create test automation strategies across platforms and form factors.
- Identify new automation tools/approaches that will decrease testing cost, and increase quality and add value to the automation suite as a whole.
- Continuously analyze production environments where our customers experience challenges, analyze data, drawing conclusions and offering performance improvement opportunities.
- Represent the quality perspective in the evaluation of critical code fixes to determine ship readiness for multiple feature areas.
- Investigate failures, perform root cause analysis and utilize internal defect tracking tool to create detailed, high-quality error reports.
- Verify that fixes for defects and new features work as expected and do not cause regressions in affected areas.
- Work with cross-team product owners, developers and test engineers to support quality software processes. Be a vocal advocate of customer empathy and risk mitigation.
- Analyze bug trends/patterns and customer feedback to drive for better customer experiences.
- Work with different teams (Development, Product Management, and Operations) to collect necessary information to assure the quality coverage, and also provide feedback on quality issues.
- Assess the status of the release from an automation execution perspective, and help make sure that the release goes out on time with a high quality level.
- Help drive Test Culture across the entire company, which includes following Agile testing principles and continuously review, implement, and communicate process improvements and quality metrics to the team.
What you bring to the table:
In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we're looking for someone comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment that has a good deal of experience with SaaS applications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, with 4+ years progressively increasing commercial experience in software engineering.
- 3+ years of experience automating production software.
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Expertise in platform (Web Services / API), Web/Database, and UI testing.
- Ability to operate in short Sprint cycles (2-4 weeks) and have experience in the full software lifecycle from design to deployment.
- A combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance and solid understanding of computer science principles.
- A unique combination of automation development skills and passion for testing.
- We need you to be innovative, have an entrepreneur's approach, and use creative solutions in the work you do on a daily basis.
- Experience providing high-performing, developer-centric tools and frameworks.
- You have high standards, and your personal software practices ensure you deliver high quality no matter what.
- Passionate about constantly releasable quality, iteration, and design for testability; application of your knowledge to create techniques and build your own tools to achieve high quality software with a low cost of support.
- Focused on delivering better results through using quality practices every day, and you have taught and/or influenced others to improve their daily practices.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, technical operations, software engineering and customer support.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web and mobile products. Start-up and technical infrastructure growth; lead or management experience is a big plus Automation development experience with development languages JAVA , JAVA Script; experience using the following tools and frameworks: Selenium Webdriver, TestNG framework, Selenide framework, RestAssured, Applitools and JMeter.
- Practical experience working in a continuous integration development model.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Locally-based applicants highly preferred (Seattle).
- Understanding of regulations associated with HIPAA, PHI, and/or PCI.
Values we admire:
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Who we Are
Where it all began
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Back to top