SDE - Mobile
At Accolade, we’re transforming the way people experience healthcare. We believe that conventional approaches are failing American families, and reject the notion that healthcare has to come with complexity, jargon, runarounds and frustration.
Our award-winning on-demand healthcare concierge service delivers industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen anywhere else in healthcare, better health outcomes, and unprecedented cost savings for employers and health plans. Today, we serve a population of over a half million individuals that is growing at nearly 100% annually. Our development team in Seattle is focused on delivering solutions and products that are key to fueling our aggressive growth.
We have been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a top workplace for five consecutive years. more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Who we are:
- We live to serve: We find joy and purpose in serving others. Making a difference is what we do.
- We have a mission:We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We believe in our team: We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful. We deliberately seek out the best people, new approaches, and fresh ideas to sustain and advance our mission.
- We execute: We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done. Results motivate us. And we aren’t afraid of the hard work or tough decisions that get us there.
Do you want to participate in creating and delivering the next generation of technology to simplify access to healthcare, enable informed and intelligent healthcare choices and reduce healthcare costs for millions of consumers? Do you want to be part of a brand new green field team that will build the Mobile Applications for Accolade? If yes, read on!
Accolade's Mobile Software Development Engineers constantly think about how we can improve the mobile technology used to deliver value to our customers. Our Mobile SDEs play a critical role in building our Android and iOS applications - from design, implementation, testing, and finally delivering to the hands of our end-users.
You’ll be working with other Software Development Engineers, SDETs, and Product Managers to understand features and implement them, ensuring that production applications meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders. You should take pride and ownership of your code – so that means never allow critical issues to be passed to public releases.
A Day in the Life...
As a member of the growing Mobile Team, your responsibilities include:
- Drive and implement new features within our mobile applications.
- Perform thorough manual testing and writing test cases that cover all areas.
- Identify new development tools/approaches that will increase code quality, efficiency, and best practices.
- Develop and champion the development processes, coding style guidelines, and architectural designs necessary to innovate and maintain great product quality.
- Understand and evangelize best practices for development and user experience on the Android platform.
- Work closely with our product and design teams to further the Accolade experience on the Android platform.
Who we Are
What you bring to the table (Skills & Qualifications):
In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we're looking for someone comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment who has a good deal of experience with designing and developing mobile applications, as indicated by the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Computer Science fundamentals, as illustrated through algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- 3+ years of Android mobile development experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the Android SDK, as well as tooling such as the Gradle build system and profiling.
- Fluent in Java 6+
- Proficient with writing unit/functional tests and familiar with automation frameworks (e.g. Junit, Robolectric, Espresso, Mokito/PoerMock, etc.).
Experience with the following technologies:
- Reactive Programming (RxJava, RxAndroid)
- Dependency injection (Dagger 2)
- NoSQL Database (Couchbase Lite) and SQLCipher
- MVVM + Android Data Binding
Who you are:
- Fast learner.
- Able to work on multiple tasks/projects without much guidance/hand-holding.
- Passionate about using and learning up-to-date technologies and patterns.
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator and influencer.
- Highly communicative, self-starting individual who maintains a fast fail entrepreneurial spirit.
- Amazing ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once.
- You have high standards, and your personal software practices ensure you deliver high quality software as the desired outcome of your work.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States
- Locally-based applicants only
- Understanding of regulations associated with HIPAA, PHI, and/or PCI.
Back to top