Accolade Mission Summary
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
A Day in the Life...
If you have far-reaching vision and are passionate about building game-changing products and services that delight customers, then this is a great opportunity to join a team fundamentally changing the health care experience.
Some of the things you’ll be doing:
As a member of a growing Agile team of engineers your responsibilities include:
- Design and implement a brand new suite of business-facing applications delivered through a software-as-a-service model.
- Re-engineer and refactor existing software and processes to leverage our new architecture
- Work closely with product owners, designers, architects, and other engineers to develop innovative solutions that solve complex healthcare problems.
- Analyze requirements and collaborate on design and delivery.
- Delivering features and services in the cloud: You will be creating and scaling features and services that utilize Accolade’s cloud as well as other commercial platforms such as AWS.
- Resolve complex technical issues and deliver innovative solutions that improve user engagement, system availability, resiliency, and performance.
- Write clean, testable, readable and maintainable code that can be rapidly deployed at internet scale.
- Work with our experts to ensure robust, high-quality software, by contributing innovative ideas to improve the testing processes.
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing and deploying.
Who we Are
What you bring (Skills & Qualifications):
- In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we're looking for someone comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment that has a good deal of experience with SaaS applications:
- 5+ years of relevant industry/academia experience in software development and full product lifecycles. Should have a BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent years of work experience.
- Experience with C# and Microsoft SQL Server application development.
- Additional experience with Java is a plus.
- A passion for improving engineering practices and producing high quality software
- Agile development methodology expertise and proficiency with software management tools such as JIRA.
- Experience using a modern version control system to accomplish release and configuration management.
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot, trace and develop fixes for root causes in distributed systems
- Proficiency in debugging code and writing unit tests.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport across the organization with technical and non-technical team members alike.
- Ability to successfully collaborate with multiple technical functions in the areas of infrastructure, DevOps, architects and other software engineers.
Who you are:
- An excellent problem solver with a “can-do” attitude.
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive.
- A motivated self-starter with a solid level of experience that allows you to quickly grasp complex challenges.
- A skillful communicator with experience working with technical management teams.
- A service oriented person who "Thinks Customer".
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator and influencer.
- Highly communicative, self-starting individual who maintains a fast fail entrepreneurial spirit.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high.
- You are excited by the challenges of working in a product team undergoing rapid international growth.
Back to top