Do you want to participate in creating and delivering the next generation of technology to simplify access to healthcare, enable informed and intelligent healthcare choices and reduce healthcare costs for millions of consumers? Are you bored of working in ecommerce, or a small functionality of a big product where you don’t see your impact? If your answers are yes, please read on!
As a core member of Accolade’s product management organization, you will be responsible for driving product strategy, roadmap and execution of our care management and health plan offerings, application functionality and clinically-oriented platform needs. We’re looking for someone who has the proven ability to accomplish this with both direct hands-on ownership as well as leadership. A relentless commitment to revolutionizing healthcare and excitement to take on new challenges is a must. We want someone with the talent, creativity and leadership to take Accolade into the next chapter.
A Day in the Life...
A day in the life…
- What the day to day of the role looks like:
- Establishing and owning the vision for how our care management capabilities and clinical insights are integrating into our overall platform and application roadmaps.
- Evangelize the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, have context and understand where we are going.
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Own the product roadmap and backlog. Make tough strategic and tactical prioritization decisions while helping the company think long-term. Build trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Breakdown work into manageable components, delivering incremental value to our customers.
- Collaborate across teams. We win or lose as a company. Product managers play a critical role in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders. A collaborative attitude is essential to the job.
- Own the metric measures (KPIs) used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Make measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions.
- Develop new opportunities. With your finger on the pulse of the market, the customers and the engineering teams, you are uniquely positioned to discover and develop new opportunities and increase product value.
- Who you are;
- Data driven decision maker with strong organization and analytical capabilities. You excel at using quantitative analysis to inform the product direction and influence stakeholders
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator and influencer.
- Highly communicative, self-starting individual who maintains a fast fail entrepreneurial spirit.
- Amazing ability to handle ambiguity effectively and oversee multiple projects at once.
- Comfortable working and collaborating with clinical teams, data architects, and engineering teams.
- Excited about continuous improvement and driving process improvement into technology
- What will you need to accomplish to be successful in this role?
In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we're looking for someone comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment who has a good deal of experience with SaaS applications, as indicated by the following attributes:
- BA/BS in Computer Science and or a clinical degree, some related technical or scientific field and/or MBA
- 5+ years of product management or equivalent experience with demonstrated ability to discover opportunities, and then define and deliver products
- Background or experience in the healthcare industry or closely related field, including clinical program development, population health, and case management
- Strong data and analytics background
- Strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with SaaS development practices used to build and deploy modern software applications.
- Prior experience with health care application providers and strong experience of healthcare technology marketplace.
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects using agile methodologies and embracing a lean start-up philosophy.
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- Understanding of the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable web / mobile applications products
- Domain expertise in application lifecycle management, continuous delivery, launch/deployment, devops, application development, web application operations, PaaS, IaaS, cloud services.
- Successful startup experience and / or scaling a business is strongly desired.
Values we admire:
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Who we are
At Accolade, we’re transforming the way people experience healthcare. We believe that conventional approaches are failing American families, and reject the notion that healthcare has to come with complexity, jargon, runarounds and frustration.
Our award-winning on-demand healthcare concierge service delivers industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen anywhere else in healthcare, better health outcomes, and unprecedented cost savings for employers and health plans. Today, we serve a population of over a half million individuals that is growing at nearly 100% annually. Our development team in Seattle is focused on delivering solutions and products that are key to fueling our aggressive growth.
We have been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a top workplace for five consecutive years.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top