Principal Software Engineer I (Python, Java & AWS)
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
As a core member of Accolade’s data platform team you will be designing, building and delivering V1 cloud native, service-oriented products to meet the growth trajectory of the company in data platform. You will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and translate them into world class software with the latest technologies.
A day in the life…
- Interface with end users to gather, understand and translate requirements into the Agile delivery process
- Technically lead the design, implementation and delivery of complex solutions end to end
- Work closely with engineers, product owners, architects to deliver innovative solutions that solve complex healthcare problems
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices, frameworks, and tools
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines and deliverables
What we are looking for…
- 8+ years software development experience
- 8+ years of programming experience in Python /Java/C#, scripting languages; Shell Script, SQL
- 3+ years of experience in Amazon Web Services, particularly big data services
- Self-driven and ability to lead complex projects
- Ability to influence others and direction of projects
- Great communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies
- Familiarity with Open Source Big Data, CI4ML, Data Catalog, Data Governance projects
- Experience in real-time stream processing with Spark/Kafka/Kinesis (nice to have)
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top