Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Medical Director is responsible for executing Accolade’s case review, consult, and clinical health assistant processes. This includes maximizing efforts to engage members through multiple channels including direct provider and health plan communication. The role will work collaboratively with Medical Directors as well as clinical and service operations leaders and staff to foster and evolve the team-based, inclusive culture of Accolade. There will be a strong emphasis placed on rounding with nurses and health assistants to meet customer expectations and build on the Accolade care management model to engage and empower members in their journey to optimize health. In addition, the Medical Director will support external customers and represent Accolade in customer meetings.
The Medical Director will report to the Lead Medical Director and work collaboratively with clinical leaders to promote well-being, increase quality of care delivery, remove inefficiencies in process to maximize value, and decrease overall costs of care delivery.
- Meets expectations for consults and case reviews, including high cost claimants, sub-optimally clinically engaged, case-management, and chronic care management members.
- Ensures quality of care delivery and optimization of client interactions.
- Supports our clinical team in conjunction with Accolade’s Medical Directors to provide ongoing support and education around complex clinical concerns
- Conducts rounds with nurses to ensure oversight of clinical cases
- Personalizes an approach to provider engagement in accordance with organizational health system and provider strategy goals and operational goals to promote member engagement.
- Work with health plan medical directors and representatives to articulate best approaches to member care management.
- Supports the efforts of the Clinical and Customer Partnerships teams to support Accolade’s customers and competitive position in the marketplace.
- MD/DO with unrestricted medical license
- Board certified
- 10+ years clinical experience ideally in a broad foundation medical specialty such as internal medicine or family medicine
- Proficient in business applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and reporting applications
- A familiarity with case reviews to maximize quality, value, and lower costs of care delivery
- Comfortable with phone and video conferencing with both known and new colleagues and associates
- Excellent communication, organizational and consultative skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, evolving environment
- Comfortable with technology
- Ability to travel between Plymouth Meeting, PA and Scottsdale, AZ and to other customer locations
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Operates from a perspective of truly caring about our members and customers and creating value for them
- Data-driven and fact-based: focused on getting to the best answer for our members, customers, colleagues, and our shareholders
- A personality style that thrives on social interaction, team-building, engagement, inclusion and diversity
- Proven ability to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and make a contribution quickly
- A team player capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization
Values we admire:
We find joy and purpose in serving others.
o Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
o You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
o We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
o We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
o Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Back to top