Medical Director Customer Lead
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Medical Director – Customer Lead is responsible for understanding the health of their assigned member population, effectively delivering our clinical solutions to that population, and representing the work of the clinical team in customer meetings. Reporting to the Lead Medical Director, this role will work collaboratively with the medical director team, other operational leaders, and overall clinical team to promote well-being, increase quality of care delivery, remove process inefficiencies, maximize value, and decrease overall costs of care delivery for their member population. In addition, the Medical Director-Customer Lead will represent the needs of their customers at internal meetings and help with delivering innovation to our customers.
There will be a strong emphasis placed on rounding with nurses and health assistants to meet customer expectations and build on the Accolade care management model to engage and empower members in their journey to optimize health. In addition, the Medical Director will support external customers and represent Accolade in customer meetings.
A day in the life…
- Serve as a dedicated Medical Director for assigned customer(s) to ensure a successful delivery of our clinical solutions
- In partnership with Customer Partnerships and the Customer Delivery Leads represent our clinical teams, clinical solutions, and clinical outcomes in customer meetings
- Execute Accolade’s case review, consult, and clinical health assistant processes, including high cost claimants, sub-optimally clinically engaged, case-management, and chronic care management members
- With a strong emphasis on rounding with our clinical team and health assistants, ensure quality of care delivery and optimization of client interactions.
- Identiy and implement efforts to maximize member engagement through multiple channels, including direct provider and health plan communication.
- Implement a personalized approach to provider engagement in accordance with organizational health system, provider strategy goals and operational goals to promote member engagement.
- Partner with the Medical Director team and clinical leadership team to provide ongoing support and education around complex clinical concerns
- Continue to evolve and improve the team-based, inclusive culture of Accolade through a collaborative partnership with the medical director team and operations leaders.
- Work with health plan medical directors and representatives to articulate best approaches to member care management.
- Support the efforts of the Clinical and Customer Partnerships teams to support Accolade’s customers and competitive position in the marketplace
What we are looking for…
- MD/DO with unrestricted medical license
- MD degree required
- Board certified
- 10+ years clinical experience ideally in a broad foundation medical specialty such as internal medicine or family medicine
- Proficient in business applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) and reporting applications
- A familiarity with case reviews to maximize quality, value, and lower costs of care delivery
- Comfortable with phone and video conferencing with both known and new colleagues and associates
- Excellent communication, organizational and consultative skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, evolving environment
- Comfortable with technology
- Ability to travel between Plymouth Meeting, PA and Scottsdale, AZ and to other customer locations
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Operates from a perspective of truly caring about our members and customers and creating value for them
- Data-driven and fact-based: focused on getting to the best answer for our members, customers, colleagues, and our shareholders
- A personality style that thrives on social interaction, team-building, engagement, inclusion and diversity
- Proven ability to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and make a contribution quickly
- A team player capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big - not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
Back to top