- Plymouth Meeting, PA
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. Using a blend of cloud-based technologies, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians, and integrated data and programs across mobile, online and phone, Accolade navigates people through the healthcare system with trust, empathy and ease. Employers of all sizes offer Accolade to employees and their families as the single place to turn for all health, healthcare, and benefits questions or concerns, increasing their engagement in benefits and connecting them to the highest quality providers and care. By empowering people to make better decisions about their health, Accolade lowers the cost and complexity of healthcare, and achieves consumer satisfaction ratings over 90% and an NPS of 60. The company has been recognized multiple times as a Fastest Growing Business, Top Workplace and Company to Watch. For more information, visit Accolade on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and at www.accolade.com.
The Medical Director, Population Health and Clinical Operations is responsible for rethinking healthcare delivery, continuously improving member health and satisfaction, and executing Accolade’s operational goals. This includes maximizing efforts to engage members through multiple channels including direct provider and health plan communication. The role will work collaboratively with Medical Directors and Chief Medical Officer as well as multi-disciplinary team members including data scientists, actuaries, sales, project managers, executives, marketing, clinical and service operations leaders and more to foster and evolve the team-based, inclusive culture of Accolade. There will be a strong emphasis placed on population data analysis and process improvement to support nurses and health assistants to meet customer expectations, and build on the Accolade care management model to engage and empower members in their journey to optimize health. In addition, the Medical Director will support external customers and may represent Accolade in customer meetings.
The Medical Director will work collaboratively with clinical leaders to promote well-being, increase quality of care delivery, remove inefficiencies in process to maximize value, and decrease overall costs of care delivery.
A day in the life…
- Continuously demonstrate the value of the physician at Accolade as an unwavering agent for change and continuous process improvement
- Be open with thoughts towards business success, and listen for potential pitfalls or challenges to clinical healthcare delivery
- Support care delivery via consults and case reviews, including high cost claimants, sub-optimally clinically engaged, case-management, and chronic care management members. Ensures quality of care delivery and optimization of member interactions. Supports our clinical team in conjunction with Accolade’s Medical Directors to provide ongoing support and education around complex clinical concerns
- Maximize engagement opportunities with nurses, pharmacists, and behavioral health clinicians to ensure oversight of clinical cases
- Personalizes an approach to provider engagement in accordance with organizational health system and provider strategy goals and operational goals to promote member engagement
- Work with health plan medical directors and representatives to articulate best approaches to member care management
- Supports the efforts of the Clinical and Customer Partnerships teams to support Accolade’s customers and competitive position in the marketplace
- Promote marketing efforts, internally and externally, to drive health outcomes and Accolade market awareness
- Analyze population data and provide clinical subject matter expertise to teams to improve health outcomes
What we are looking for…
- MD/DO with unrestricted medical license
- Board certified
- 10+ years clinical experience ideally in a broad foundation medical specialty such as internal medicine, emergency medicine, or family medicine
- Business degree, track towards degree, and / or training in process improvement (lean, six sigma) preferred
- Proficient in business applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Lucidchart) and reporting applications
- A familiarity with case reviews to maximize quality, value, and lower costs of care delivery
- Comfortable with phone and video conferencing with both known and new colleagues and associates
- Excellent communication, organizational, and consultative skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, evolving environment
- Comfortable with technology
- Ability to occasionally travel between Plymouth Meeting, PA, Seattle, WA, Scottsdale, AZ, future sites, and to customer locations
- Operates from a perspective of truly caring about our members and customers and creating value for them. Data-driven and fact-based: focused on getting to the best answer for our members, customers, colleagues, and our shareholders
- A personality style that thrives on team-building, engagement, inclusion and diversity
- Proven ability to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and make a contribution quickly
- A team player capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and.
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
Back to top