Medical Directors at Accolade support the business needs of the organization. This is accomplished by way of strategic, analytic and tactical means. The role is operational and “hands on,” in that the Medical Director supports and guides Accolade Health Assistants in their management of clients (aka patients or members). An Accolade Medical Director needs be highly collaborative at all levels of the organization and must possess strong communication skills
A Day in the Life...
What does the day to day of the role look like:
- Provide clinical guidance to nurses and Health Assistants in the Health Assistant Centers
- Manage strategic clinical relationships with health plan Medical Directors
- Assist with Sales and Account Management support
- Manage client grievances and service escalations that are clinical in nature
- Partner with Clinical Analytics and Reporting to identify client and customer trends and opportunities
- Respond to requests of the Executive Management team as needed
What kind of projects will you support?
- Provide clinical leadership in the development, implementation, communication, and documentation of Accolade clinical programs, policies, procedures, and processes
- Participate in Accolade’s Quality Management program and Quality Committee
- Collaborate with Regulatory and Legal teams to ensure Accolade meets required contractual, accrediting, and licensing obligations
What key things will you accomplish?
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of excellence by implementing best practices around our clinical procedures/processes.
- Build lasting relationships with Health Assistants, Clinical Health Assistants, Outside Medical Directors and Leadership.
What do you need to bring to the table to be successful in this role?
- A Medical Degree (MD or DO) and prior clinical experience is required. Must possess a current license as a physician in a state of the United States
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a progressive health care management environment, preferably with a health plan or other payer.
- Results-oriented individual with an ability to work well with a variety of internal and external constituents.
- Experience in clinical analytics
- Ability to travel regularly between Plymouth Meeting, PA and Scottsdale, AZ sites
Who we Are
Values we admire:
We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began…
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Back to top