- Scottsdale, AZ
Accolade at a glance…Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. Using a blend of cloud-based technologies, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians, and integrated data and programs across mobile, online and phone, Accolade navigates people through the healthcare system with trust, empathy and ease. Employers of all sizes offer Accolade to employees and their families as the single place to turn for all health, healthcare, and benefits questions or concerns, increasing their engagement in benefits and connecting them to the highest quality providers and care. By empowering people to make better decisions about their health, Accolade lowers the cost and complexity of healthcare, and achieves consumer satisfaction ratings over 90% and an NPS of 60. The company has been recognized multiple times as a Fastest Growing Business, Top Workplace and Company to Watch. For more information, visit Accolade on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and at www.accolade.com.
Medical Directors at Accolade support the business needs of the organization. This is accomplished by way of strategic, analytic and tactical means. The role is operational and “hands on,” in that the Medical Director supports and guides Accolade Health Assistants in their management of clients (aka patients or members). An Accolade Medical Director needs be highly collaborative at all levels of the organization and must possess strong communication skills.
A day in the life…
- Provide clinical guidance to nurses and Health Assistants in the Health Assistant Centers
- Manage strategic clinical relationships with health plan Medical Directors
- Assist with Sales and Account Management support
- Manage client grievances and service escalations that are clinical in nature
- Partner with Clinical Analytics and Reporting to identify client and customer trends and opportunities Respond to requests of the Executive Management team as needed
- Provide clinical leadership in the development, implementation, communication, and documentation of Accolade clinical programs, policies, procedures, and processes
- Participate in Accolade’s Quality Management program and Quality Committee
- Collaborate with Regulatory and Legal teams to ensure Accolade meets required contractual, accrediting, and licensing obligations
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of excellence by implementing best practices around our clinical procedures/processes
- Build lasting relationships with Health Assistants, Clinical Health Assistants, Outside Medical Directors and Leadership
What we are looking for…
- A Medical Degree (MD or DO) and prior clinical experience is required. Must possess a current license as a physician in a state of the United States
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a progressive health care management environment, preferably with a health plan or other payer
- Results-oriented individual with an ability to work well with a variety of internal and external constituents
- Experience in clinical analytics
- Ability to travel regularly between Plymouth Meeting, PA and Scottsdale, AZ sites
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top