Human Resources Business Partner
Our team is called People Support (PS) instead of Human Resources because we are more than just your typical HR department - we’re a progressive and agile team of tenacious, trusted advisors who deliver efficient and effective programs to our employees to further enable the company’s strategy to grow the business. People are at the center of our business, so therefore our People Support team and work is at the center of everything we do at Accolade.
We’re looking for a rock-star People Support Business Partner (PSBP) to support the organization in a critical role. In collaboration with the People Support Director, this person will primarily provide day to day employee support and strategic solutions for a segment of the Operations organization composed of Accolade Health Assistants, the true heart and soul of what we do at Accolade (click here to learn more about these unique roles). Additionally, this person will have the opportunity to partner closely with other members across the People Support team on a wide range of special projects supporting various high-visibility company initiatives.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a diverse range of interests to be exposed to the full scope of HR functions (e.g. Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Analytics, and Talent Management) in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. It’s an ideal role for somebody hungry to make a big impact, gain HR experience and develop with hands-on support and mentoring.
A Day in the Life...
- Describe what the day to day of the role looks like
- As a People Support Business Partner, this role is a trusted advisor and partner to our business and functional organizations. As such, this position supports our efforts to align our People strategy to our business priorities and delivers solutions to help the company meet our business objectives through workforce planning, recruiting, organizational design and development, employee relations, performance management, and employee and manager coaching.
- The ideal candidate will contribute at both hands-on and strategic levels to cultivate an amazing and innovative culture that inspires and enables people to be the best they can be in their roles to support our customers and clients.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for teams within the Operations organization on all People Support related matters.
- What kind of projects would they work on outside of day to day?
- Initiatives and projects this role could be involved with greatly vary from helping to shape our employee onboarding experience to reinventing how we think about our exit process and everything (People Development, Culture, People Engagement, Total Rewards) in between.
- What would success in Year 1 look like? Are there key things they would accomplish?
- PS Business Partner would have cultivated trusting relationships with the leaders and employees in which they support and would be looked to as an advisor and human resources expert.
- PS Business Partner would have a deep understanding of the talent within their client group and actionable plans to develop and grow talent in line with our company needs.
- PS Business Partner would have a firm understanding our People Support processes and led those processes across the client groups in which they support.
- Have demonstrated education, skills and experience to be successful in this role.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, business, or related field required. Master’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Organizational Development or related field is a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Human Resources experience, preferably with 2-3 years of experience in a Business Partner or Generalist role. Experience in a high-touch service related environment both internally and externally is preferred.
- This isn’t your first time at the rodeo: You have broad experience, a thorough understanding of Human Resource methods and practices, and have proven your ability to acclimate to new environments and contribute quickly. You also have trust, and the ability to appropriately deal with “people-sensitive” issues and handle confidential documents.
- You’re compassionate and connected to our mission: You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- You’re flexible: You prefer a fast-paced and dynamic environment and are agile and comfortable enough to keep up as plans change and evolve.
- You’re a multi-tasking machine: You’ve demonstrated the ability to balance and manage multiple priorities with accuracy, efficiency, and in a timely manner due to your strong organization skills.
- You’re a self-starter: You take initiative and are comfortable being empowered to work independently. When you need help, you’re not shy to ask.
- You get things done: You follow through on every request, no matter how big or small, with attention to detail.
- You collaborate: You’re the consummate team player, able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with other team members to achieve results.
- You’re a communication pro: You can speak and write in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- You’re able and willing to travel: This role may require minimal travel to our other locations (Plymouth Meeting, PA or Seattle, Washington).
Who we are
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Where it all began…
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top