Healthcare Leadership Intern – Product Solution Design & Development
As an Accolade clinical intern, the intern will be an integral part of our clinical leadership teams. The intern will help support both internal and external healthcare product solution design & development.
We will develop your healthcare expertise to come up with innovative proactive solutions to many on-going healthcare challenges:
- Help clients ultimately get optimal care at right place, right provider, at the right time.
- Support to eliminate inefficiencies in their local healthcare system.
- Follow evidence based medicine to improve care, outcomes, and costs.
- Focusing on early detection, on-going cutting edge health education, and prevention.
- Analyze high cost claims and find ways to improve care and reduce costs.
- Plus much more.This role would be an exceptional experience for a clinical healthcare intern to provide experience in innovative healthcare delivery solution models.
This role is unique as Accolade provides experience in cutting edge science of healthcare. The intern has the opportunity to gain expertise in product solution design and development, health care system integration, customer integration, and experience with support of clinical organizational leadership.
- Focus on prevention, on-going cutting edge health education, and innovative health care strategies to impact populations and population health.
- Analyze risk stratified population and find strategies to improve care, outcomes and population health, increase client satisfaction, and reduce health care costs.
A Day in the Life...
Clinical Solution Design & Development
- Works closely with the clinical leadership team to develop and design clinical solutions to enable Accolade’s clinical client serving staff to ensure clients get the right care the first time. In addition, the intern will support to develop solution design strategy on behalf of our clients and customers and strive to enable Accolade to reach its operational business objectives.
- Provide support of clinical leadership team to deliver customer-facing support including support in customer solutions, implementations, audits, preparation for quarterly meetings, support reporting and preparation of clinical case presentations with customers and other external partners such as consultants and/or health plans. Support of clinical leadership with multiple customers with concordant accountability for the process execution and clinical results for these customers.
- Works with clinical leadership team to provide care coordination support of client populations with accountability for clinical impact and solutions.
Key Knowledge, Skills, or Qualities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Health Care Innovation, Business, Nursing, Medicine, Biology, Marketing or similar concentration
- Demonstrates interest in success in obtaining experience in a desired clinical role within a services business environment and managing external client relationships and deliverables.
- Demonstrates interest in experience in working across multiple clinical settings.
- Demonstrates interest in obtaining expertise designing and developing solutions within a business setting; measuring results & driving improvements to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Tech savvy – highly proficient in business applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Lucid, Confluence) and reporting applications (i.e.: Qlikview, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with complex data analysis (i.e.: trend analysis, root cause analysis, etc.).
- Demonstrated tactical strength with a compliment of strategic thinking.
- Excellent communication, organizational and consultative skills.
- Demonstrates desire to obtain ability to perform well under pressure, adapt to change, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, evolving environment.
- Demonstrates desire to obtain outstanding project management capabilities, excellent presentation skills, strong planning and decision-making skills, demonstrated analytical, problem solving skills.
- Operates from a perspective of truly caring about our clients and creating value for them
- Data-driven and fact-based: focused on getting to the best answer for our clients and our shareholders
- Detail-oriented, analytical, inquisitive, problem-solving in nature
- Proven ability to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and make a contribution quickly
- A team player capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization
- Demonstrates the desire to be business savvy, develop emotional intelligence, demonstrate influencing skills, negotiation, and organizational agility
Values we admire
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Who we are
Accolade is an on-demand healthcare concierge for employers, health plans, health systems and consumers. Our team of compassionate, exceptional professionals is supported by breakthrough science and technologies to guide people through the healthcare system in a deeply personalized manner. By taking the time to get to know each person, understand the context of their healthcare decisions, build trust and influence decisions, we deliver industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen in healthcare, better health outcomes, and cost savings of more than 10 percent.
Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes magazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a Top Workplace in Philadelphia for five consecutive years. For more information, visit www.accolade.com.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top