Financial Operations Analyst
As Financial Operations Analyst, you will apply your finance and accounting skills to drive revenue growth in a pre-IPO health care technology company approaching $100 million in revenues. Accolade is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter to deliver impactful financial and analytical support to the revenue-generating areas of the business. You will report to the Sr. Vice President – Financial Operations and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer, other finance team members and across the entire business, including members of Accolade’s sales, customer partnerships, actuarial, and operations teams. In this key role, you’ll have a front row seat to learn our unique business model, experience a rapidly growing start-up environment, take advantage of endless opportunities to make your mark, and experience growth opportunities.
A Day in the Life...
- Provide financial and analytical support for Sales, Customer Partnerships and Business Development deals
- Responsible for revenue and gross margin modeling, financial analysis, supporting customer contracting, customer invoicing, revenue accounting and related activities
- Serve as finance business partner for customer partnership and operations teams, supporting revenue optimization across existing customer contracts
- Support sales and product marketing teams to optimize new customer revenues and contracting process
- Develop and maintain revenue and cash collection forecasts
- Perform analysis, reporting, and quality control of customer revenue calculations
- Manage customer invoicing cycle and ensure billing is in compliance with contracted terms
- Prepare monthly revenue journal entries, account analyses and variance analyses
- Support strategic planning related activities, including capital raising, business partnerships and M&A
Demonstrated education, skills and experience to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field
- CPA, CFA, or MBA a plus, but not required
- GAAP accounting abilities
- Minimum 3 years’ experience. Relevant backgrounds include:
- Financial analyst or comparable role, preferably in complex B2B services company where you have exposure to customer contracting and pricing
- Public accounting and internal audit, preferably combining GAAP and financial analysis responsibilities
- Experience creating financial forecasting models
- Excel ninja and presentation / reporting guru
- Experience with Intacct, Adaptive Insights, or similar platforms helpful
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Operates from a perspective of finding joy and purpose in our mission to reinvent healthcare
- Superior critical thinking, problem solving, analytical and modeling skills, combined with ability to effectively articulate results to business leaders
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with coworkers at all levels throughout the business to drive results
- Ability to manage competing priorities, maintain a sense of urgency and achieve deadlines
- Strives to make high contribution in a rapid pace, high change environment
- Detail-oriented, inquisitive, problem-solving in nature
- Proven ability to 'roll up your sleeves' and make a contribution quickly
- Ability to translate insightful analysis into actionable recommendations
- Strong organizational and execution skills
Who we are
Values we admire:
- We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
- We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
- We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
- Being wildly successful is more than just a goal – it’s a serious commitment.
- We’re disciplined, purpose-driven, and accountable for our results. Results motivate us. And we aren’t afraid of the hard work or tough decisions that get us there.
- We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.
- We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
- You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Customer Partnerships Manager
Lara ensures that every Accolade customer, whether an employer or health plans partner, understands the value of Accolade services—and gets the best service possible.
Back to top