Dir, Case Management
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
As a Director of Case Management, you will be accountable for defining, executing, and continually evolving our Accolade operating model and best practices to preserve and strengthen the case management service we provide customer and clients, while preparing for rapid growth and scale. You are responsible for the overarching performance, development and engagement of our Case Management clinical teams, including, Clinical Stewards and our Case Management Clinical Health Assistants (CHAs) and serve as the champion for these teams. You’re a proven hands-on leader who has a passion for service excellence, track record for defining operational processes, and commitment to fostering a work environment that supports individual growth and connectedness.
A day in the life…
Enable an exceptional client experience
- Define, drive, and maintain our case management service delivery practices to enable a consistently awesome client experience, as well as scale, efficiency, and continuous improvement across all customers
- Drive our process ownership, including implementation and execution of processes across all customers
- Make informed decisions about deployment of resources and modifications or enhancement to our service delivery model through an evaluation that balances value preservation and ROI
- Support Case Management Clinical Stewards to ensure adherence to business processes by driving data-rich analysis resulting in continuous improvement of processes and continuous development of Clinical Health Assistant Case Managers using the processes
- Evaluate and implement efficiencies, focusing on strategic and long-term improvements
- Identify opportunities for development and work with Learning & Development to create customized learning opportunities
Enable an awesome employee experience
- Drive the talent development and engagement of our Case Management Clinical Stewards and teams of Case Management Clinical Health Assistants
- Develop and evolve our performance measures to drive the desired client outcome and team behaviors and ensure performance definitions are consistent/equivalent across teams
- Define and evolve our operations career model and develop a robust talent pipeline
- Determine overall staffing needs, based upon sales pipeline, attrition and existing capacity; Work with Talent Acquisition and Learning & Development to drive decisions regarding timing and location of new Case Management Clinical Health Assistant talent.
- Drive a consistent and rewarding employee experience via coaching, development, performance management, and engagement initiatives
- Partner with L&D to identify and deploy trainings to achieve our talent development priorities
- Champion the Accolade culture and leadership qualities
- Foster a supportive and inclusive work environment that values each individual for their unique skillset and background
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent education, Master’s Degree (preferred)
- Demonstrated management experience leading people and at least 5 years case management experience in an accredited medical case management program
- Confidence to manage and direct a case management program under the leadership of a Medical Director
- Experience obtaining and maintaining NCQA or URAQ accreditation for a medical case management program
- Ability to drive operational excellence and process improvement
- Demonstrated expertise developing and executing clinical quality improvement initiatives within a business setting; measuring results and driving improvements to achieve targeted clinical outcomes
- Demonstrated experience with data analysis and interpretation of results
- Excellent tech skills including use and manipulation of data, advanced use of Microsoft excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent communications, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Solid business acumen, analytical and inquisitive
- Strong emotional intelligence and ability to influence
- Ability to effectively collaborate and execute in a highly matrixed environment
- Self-starter with a “roll up your sleeves” mindset and desire to add value
- Comfortable operating with change and uncertainty
- Team player capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big - not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
Back to top