Dir, Business Development
- Dallas, TX
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
The Dir, Business Development is responsible for identifying and retaining strategic business relationships, educating and building trust in the market, and developing and executing strategies to generate sales leads.
A day in the life...
- Builds relationships with key consulting/brokerage offices and leadership within a territory
- Develops, executes and maintains an effective strategic sales and market penetration plan for assigned territory
- Consistently identifies opportunities, develops sales strategy in conjunction with the regional sales executives and market development representatives
- Effectively presents Accolade's offerings to consultants and brokers
- Effectively leverages Accolade executives, the pre-sales team, marketing and product to support consultant presentations
- Develops and manages a pipeline of consultants and brokers likely to produce leads and sales in alignment with objectives that are established annually
- Establishes joint target list and maintains pipeline of sales opportunities with secondary partners such as TPAs, health plans and strategic partners
- Documents all consultant and broker contacts and activities in Accolade's sales tools and systems (Salesforce)
- Executes against a partnership arrangement
- Solicits product and market feedback from consultants, brokers and partners. Communicates this feedback to sales leadership, marketing and the product development team (feature requests, market trends, competition intelligence, new opportunities)
- Complies with all corporate policies and completes all administrative tasks on time
· BA in a business or technical related area of study
· Minimum 8 years of consulting experience or strategic selling of complex, multi-stakeholder solutions
· Experience with health & welfare benefits, health benefits/HR outsourcing, SaaS solutions, and/or benefits software required
· Embraces and thrives in a culture of transparency, accountability and trust
· Self-starter with ability to work independently, prioritize work and coordinate multiple tasks within tight time constraints
· Ability to navigate the strategic levels of organizations, identify key decision-makers, build relationships with senior executives and schedule meetings with key stakeholders
· Ability to establish strong team relationships in a matrix organization
· Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
· Possess account knowledge, executive-level contacts and industry relationships inside the employer market space
· Command of social media and marketing campaigns for the benefit of lead generation, gaining access to executives and networking with key stakeholders
· Strong aptitude with business software tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
· Strong business acumen
· Demonstrated ability to accurately forecast monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue
· Flexibility in work schedule is required; 25-50% travel depending on location
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Back to top