Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Actuarial Director is responsible for being the Actuarial subject matter expert for a select group of customers within a Market Segment (i.e. Enterprise, Strategic, Mid-Market, Health Plan, etc.).
They will direct the reporting to these customers showcasing our value and outcomes and will communicate them to internal partners as well as customers.
They will identify, work and recommend areas for additional revenue generation with their internal partners.
This role will report to the Chief Actuary.
A day in the life…
- Design and direct analytics & reports that produce key metrics, highlight areas where Accolade creates value and identify new opportunities for value creation.
- Using influence skills, suggest opportunities for Accolade operations as well as customer to improve gaps. You will be the primary Accolade Actuarial resource for the customer(s) in communicating the value of Accolade services, as well as identifying potential future opportunities to further drive savings.
- Identify customer themes, analyze data and make recommendations for future improvements.
- Working with internal partners, develop complex, customized analysis for customers and communicate those findings both internally and externally. Using influence skills, gain customers agreement to pay for additional reporting therefore generating more revenue.
- Work with Product Management teams to develop & outline the requirements for complex reporting needs, support the construction of reports and direct team to meet deliverables.
- Supervise monthly production analysis of Accolade’s Savings results, including validating financial reconciliation, analyzing results for outlier patterns, and communicating summarized results to internal and external partners.
- Calculate and analyze variances in the claims savings, based on each customer’s contractual performance guarantee requirements.
- Supervise analysis of healthcare spend and utilization patterns to uncover drivers of results with large and small populations.
- Supervise & lead the evaluation of the programs provided by Accolade’s partners for the impact they have on cost and utilization. This would include telemedicine, second opinion services, cost transparency, etc.
Create reportingand communicate results and identify areas for improvement
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field such as: Actuarial Science, Risk Management, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related field.
- Associate in Society of Actuaries required / Fellow in Society of Actuaries preferred.
- 10+ years of actuarial experience.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and SQL skills.
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong Management skills.
- Consistently demonstrate ability to influence and negotiate with internal partners.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and direct team members as appropriate.
- A leader who can influence others by the strength of personality, integrity, ability, sense of humor and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical skills with deep understanding of actuarial concepts, ability to train staff & facilitate application to work product.
- Independent worker: courage, decision quality, listening, drive for results, customer and client focus, integrity and ability to deal with ambiguity.
- The ability to lead, organize, manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time while balancing short term and longer term needs and helping to shape our future vision.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
SarahVP, Product Management & User Experience
Sarah oversees all internal and external application product management and strategy.
Back to top