Business Intelligence Data Engineer
At Accolade, we’re transforming the way people experience healthcare. We believe that conventional approaches are failing American families, and reject the notion that healthcare has to come with complexity, jargon, runarounds and frustration.
Our award-winning on-demand healthcare concierge service delivers industry-leading engagement levels, satisfaction scores unseen anywhere else in healthcare, better health outcomes, and unprecedented cost savings for employers and health plans. Today, we serve a population of over a half million invidivuals that is growing at nearly 100% annually.
We have been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbesmagazine, the fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 500 and a top workplace for five consecutive years.
About the Role:
Do you want to participate in creating and delivering the next generation of technology to simplify access to healthcare, enable informed and intelligent healthcare choices and reduce healthcare costs for millions of consumers? Do you want to be part of a team building the next Generation Accolade Big Data & Analytics Platform? If yes, read on!
As a core member of Accolade’s product development organization, you will be designing and building the next generation of Analytics products. Every day you will be solving hard problems at internet scale, using world class modern BI, Data Integration & Big Data technologies.
A Day in the Life...
What does the day to day of the role look like:
- Design and implement high performing ETL used internally by both Operational, Customer Partner & Product teams
- Interface with end users to gather, understand and translate requirements into the Agile delivery process
- Work closely with other Data Platform engineers to provide data requirements
- Work closely with product owners, designers, other developers, architects, quality engineers, and DevOps to deliver innovative solutions that solve complex healthcare problems
What kind of projects will you support?
- Be a part of the team developing data integration software using Talend Big Data, Hortonworks (Hadoop) & Amazon RedShift (amongst other tools)
- Use complex healthcare and engagement data sets to deliver software that improves report usage, as well as understands and provides a cohesive story to business users
- Work with unstructured data sets to create usable BI Applications, reports and other ad-hoc data sets for the healthcare industry and/or medical informatics
What key things will you accomplish?
- Manage individual sprint priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Ensure that we are continuously raising our standard of BI engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing and deploying
What do you need to bring to the table to be successful in this role?
- 5+ years of relevant industry/academia (Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Technology, Information Systems, or Systems Architecture) experience in Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Data Architecture and full product lifecycles.
- Significant hands own experience with a modern programming language, using it to manipulate and load data into applications & extracting from applications
- Expertise in SQL (Structured Query Language), RDBMS (e.g. MS SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle) & database technologies
- Experience in the data modeling process in a traditional star schema design and dimensional
- Hands on experience, or significant knowledge of, Data Integration tools such as Talend, Informatica or Data Stage
- Agile development methodology expertise, and proficiency with software management tools such as Jira, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Experience using a modern version control system to accomplish release and configuration management.
Who we are
We find joy and purpose in serving others.
- Making a difference is what we do. We do the right thing for the right reasons – and we do it well, even when it’s hard.
- You operate from a perspective of truly caring about our employees, clients, and customers and creating value for them.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful.
- We believe in each other, in honesty, and in having fun. You won’t find egos or office walls here because we aren’t defined by titles – but by actions, behaviors and results.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare.We are a company changing the world, one person at a time.
- Super high expectations? Bring it on? Our curiosity drives us.
You understand our desire to be the best place to work and that trust is the foundation of that.
Meet Some of Accolade's Employees
Director of User Experience
Loc designs the software that Accolade offers its clients, integrating feedback from the users themselves to make improvements and to ensure that the functionality meets expectations.
Back to top